Middle Aged Shed

Yeah, I’ve got one. I must admit I’m sat here now and it’s pretty cold! Bought a wifi / Alexa controlled heater for it, but it needs to be switched on pretty early to get it warm for 9am.

I don’t get bored, but I’m an antisocial loner anyway. Got all my nerd gear out here, as well as work equipment.

2 Likes

Never built anything in my life but I’ve always been fascinated by it. Really enjoyed watching this yesterday, guy is living my dream, I’d love to just buy some land and do whatever I want with it one day.

Went down the rabbit hole and ended up watching this guy framing a floor for ages. It’s like watching Bob Ross but building not painting.

Larry Haun literally wrote the book on framing and wooden house building.

There is a guy in Wales with a really good setup, hydro power from a little stream running a 3 phase workshop and everything. Kris harbour on YouTube

2 Likes

mate this is nuts. I think my youtube recco’s starting feeding me this shit after I watched a tent review or something. Also been down this rabbit hole over the past two weeks or so. Incredible stuff.

1 Like

Must be so satisfying building a house (and not fucking it up)

2 Likes

seeing that image of Harry Potter under the stairs instantly reminded me of this place i stayed in new york in 2001 on the bowery. i dont have any photos of it myself but a quick google found this A Tour of the White House SRO On The Bowery

this place was so cheap like $35 a night but there was a reason for it. the rooms were tiny and the walls did not go all the way to the ceiling, somehow me and my girlfriend were in one of those rooms

seems like it got shut down a few years later for breaching fire regs. was a bunch of permanent residents on the ground floor and it was insane how much stuff they had in such a tiny space

1 Like

I’ve stayed there too. Shithole :sweat_smile:

Haha wow that looks grim!
Similar concept to those Japanese sleeping pod hotels?

3 Likes

First mow of the year done this lunchtime. Even treated myself to some fancy new edging shears.

Next thing you know the rest of the street are at it. I did it first, way before it was cool!

7 Likes

Just done mine and i feel like accomplished somthing.

Your such a trend setter.

1 Like

Did mine too. Absolutely knackered. Probably have to do it again in the week

Did my front lawn. First mow at the new place. Don’t know what the previous owners had going on but the ground was so spongy the wheels of the mower were sinking in. Right old pain up the arse to do. Our dads both work at a farm machinery place though, so we’ve got a mint petrol mower on the way soon that they’ve sorted for us, not even touching the back garden until we’ve got that.

Hahaha, thought about doing mine this week. Couldn’t be arsed though. Gonna try to get my Brewer on.

Tomorrows early-mid life adventure is going to be sorting the garage out if any body wants to jump on that hot new trend too!

1 Like

Constantly need to do this. Got a “Dorian Gray’s Portrait” vibe with my garage, whenever i make or do anything to improve the rest of the house the garage gets fucked.

House I moved in to in November has a composter at the end of the garden, so I’ve been chucking all my fruit and veg waste and prunings off the trees and that, but all that’s happened is the food has gone mouldier and mouldier and there’s tiny little white worm things in there. Like sea monkeys

Is this normal or am I going to have to napalm the back corner of my garden to get rid of what might be an infestation of some description?

It takes a while to work. You can get composte accelerator to mix in with it.

You need to be pissing on it and dumping all your turds in there.

2 Likes