Middle Aged Shed

Sounds normal to me, my dad has one, it takes months

We have one and chuck loads of stuff in there, been doing that for 7 or 8 years and it seems to work, never thought about it much, never had to empty it. I bet millions of worms and mini weird things live in it. Sometimes we get branches of some sorts of plants growing out of it. :person_shrugging:

Just pressure washed the drive and blasted the muck all over the car.

1 Like

Now you got an excuse to give the car a proper clean

I dont want to ruin my nice clean drive.

3 Likes

Just bought myself a lawn mower and hedge trimmer. Went with bosch corded ones we’ve only got a small garden.

Anyone built an all year garden office or similar before? Something we’re looking at for the future.

Copped a new Mower and Strimmer. Just gave them their debut in the garden (which resembled more of a jungle). Very pleased with the results, anybody in the market for a cheapish cordless mower I recommend this highly.

Will let you know how I get on with the strimmer soon, hold on to your hats!

3 Likes

New olive tree from the car boot sale other week. Wajooo. This would blow council estate me’s head off.

Getting older and boringer is rad

4 Likes

Dont eat em straight off the tree

I want to buy a cordless hoover today and I remember there was a lot of chat on here about them a while back. What shall I go for, I want something that’s going to last for years and is repairable, decent battery life, can deal with dog hair and isn’t a dyson, 300 budget ish.

I seem to remember Shark being recommended?

Shark 100%.

1 Like

You need an old fashioned wired vac IMO.

ideally but too powerful for my setup, (solar off grid), would need to fire up the generator to hoover which I don’t fancy

Oh haha! Then Baby Shark do do dodoo do do

Maybe something like this? https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4708621

you mean a vacuum cleaner

8 Likes

I’ve got that one, can’t fault it and doesn’t suffer from the hair-wrap you normally get with hoovers - got a collie and we’re forever hoovering up his hairs

Get a robotic jobby, a little bit bigger than a dinner plate. Charges by day, comes on when you want it to and does all the work for you while you’re doing more fun stuff like washing the dishes. Basically keeps the place clean by hoovering a little and often. You can get a basic model in Aldi or Lidl for about €100 or so, before you end up spending more on a premium brand.

I got an Ecovacs Deebot a couple of years ago which suddenly conked out after a couple of years for about €200 and the company replaced it with an upgraded model free of charge, which was nice. Your experience may vary though…

But what if it becomes sentient?

I don’t think one would work well for us anyway, lots of dusty corners and a step to deal with

No regrets

5 Likes