Middle Aged Shed

I had a go with a standard rake but this stuff is quite deeply rooted.
You end up ripping up chunks of attached turf leaving bald spots so I’m thinking it needs something quite heavy duty.
I’m looking at reseeding anyway and this came about because I bought some seed and spread it but it never reached the earth to grow.
I’d hire a machine if it didn’t cost almost the same as buying one.

Done it.
Bought a scarifier and power rake thingy.
It’s mad how much decayed debris you pull out of a small area of lawn.
It’s pretty satisfying to do too once you’ve watched a few tutorials to understand what to do and why.
It’s completely the wrong time of year because of lack of rain etc, not that it’s been like last year so far.
Fingers crossed that it works because my wife has been putting loads of effort into plants and flowers around the place completely transforming it.
I never thought I’d be so boring that my life now revolves around watching grass grow.

Hyped for this thread. Expect shit woodworking and DIY shenanigans…

1 Like

At some point this week I’m going to make a press for making sawdust fire briquettes to get rid of my massive pile of sawdust and keep me warm. will that do?

2 Likes

I meant more for you lot to expect shit woodworking and shenanigans from me but that works too…

Might put a picture up on the wall this week.

3 Likes

I finally finished a shoe cupboard and bifold door I built before Christmas, having a house where nothing is straight isn’t the easiest but its done now…

Enough with the …

1 Like

don’t even notice I’m doing it half the time

Ive put an offer on a house five minutes ago. If I get it my first act will be to put up a fence in the back garden because it’s like a 3 foot high stone wall at the moment.

What’s the situation with you? Does he not like his own privacy?

We cut down the trees at the end of our old garden because they were fucked. The neighbour at the back had put up a screen but for some reason cemented in the posts in 3ft holes and he was having a nightmare trying to get them out. We said, leave them in and we’ll use them for our fence. He agreed and was happy because it saved him a job and saved us a job. Five minutes later his militant missus comes out with a typed up faux-legal contract stating we accepted in all common law that this act didn’t reconstitute the boundary and wanted us to sign it to confirm. It was literally the depth of a fence post she was arguing about. Some people are mental.

2 Likes

Congrats

Boundary lines cause some folks heart attacks !

This was the same woman who kicked off cause our builders called her sweetheart one time. And FatCat beat the shit out of her dog once and she had to take it to the vet to get stitched up.

2 Likes

Please confirm FatCat is a cat?

1 Like

9 Likes

Sweet.

What zoo did you get that from?

1 Like

He was a stray that lived round the carpark of the Bedford Tescos. Super friendly to most humans but beats the piss out of other cats except our other one. No idea how old he is but Ive had him 6 years and that photo was taken the day he came home so he was definitely adult for a while.

He was 7 kg when we got him, tried dieting him but he kept catching pigeons and eating their hearts before leaving the rest outside our back door so we just feed him. He goes batshit crazy for mushy peas. 9/10 family pet. (Would be higher but he pisses on the floor every once in a while)

10 Likes

There may never be a finer paragraph written on this site.

8 Likes

Welcome back BDF!

1 Like