Most rubbish skater to ever get a shoe

I was just going off what he said himself on Joel’s podcast - that he’d never really focussed on filming a proper part that totally showcased his abilities.

Did you film any of his Playing Fields section? I was wondering how long it took him to do that line at the Sun Life centre?

Every time I saw him skate in person he had my jaw on the floor.

Very powerful skater. Lots of presence.

4 Likes

No ones mentioned his DITC section either which was great.

3 Likes

That’s just him being modest I think. He never really had a big US part I guess even though he had a lot of coverage on 411, Thrasher vids, Powell videos.

I did film a fair bit of it yeah and most of the stuff I did film was second or third try. He was insanely consistent.
I didn’t film that line you’re on about but knowing Danny it will have happened quick.

His Raggy part gets forgotten about too and that one’s a pisstake.

4 Likes

Was gonna say the same! First/last line is a Bristol version of Suciu’s Courthouse to Blubba line.

3 Likes

I’m not saying he’s rubbish but you have to be a certain level to have a pro shoe and maybe he’s towards the lower end.

Vans pro shoes:

Steve Cab
Salman Agah
Mike Carroll
Simon Woodstock
Willy Santos
Geoff Rowley
Tony Alva
Danny Wainwright
Tony Trujillo
Jim Greco
Dustin Dollin
Kyle Walker
Elijah Berle
Gilbert Crockett
Chima Ferguson
Ave
Justin Henry
Rowan Zorilla

Who have I missed? Reynolds hasn’t had a shoe of his own yet has he?

Edit:

Ethan Fowler
Bucky Lasek
Jonny Layton
John Cardiel
Bastien Salabanzi
Omar Hassan
Cara-Beth Burnside

1 Like

Cara-Beth Burnside. First woman to have a pro shoe I believe.

1 Like

Good one!

Scott kane was codesigner on the low cab or at least marketed as if he was

Alex Olson designed the Versa but I dont think it was an official pro shoe

Neen Williams? He had a shoe on Circa before they went away and he went to FP

4 Likes

Christ, “Circa Neen” possibly the least appetising couple of words ever

3 Likes

Julian Stranger? https://www.ballerstatus.com/2012/10/26/skate-legend-julien-stranger-drops-collabo-pack-vans-syndicate/

A bit more than a colourway, but maybe not quite a pro shoe, idk if it counts.

And he’s a total ruler so definitely not nominating him for the rubbish skater with a shoe award- just the Vans shoe thing, obvs.

Worse than Dan Pageau?

Yeah not a shoe really, just a pack. Alva’s was a bit like that but they claim he invented the original skateable Vans shoe so I’m giving him extra credit. Did Lance Mountain have a Vans shoe? With velcro on the front? Seem to recall he did.

This shoe starts out really normal at the toe and then gets progressively worse as you get to the heel

1 Like

Was sat here wracking my brains to come up with the ultimate bad pro shoe and the name ‘Jim Gagne’ came to mind.

He had a pro shoe on NSS (Nice Skate Shoes). Don’t know if the pic below is the most heinous one…there are probably more.

4 Likes

Also…Kristian Svitak on 88 Footwear. I always thought he sucked*

*don’t really remember much about him other than he was gnarly. He was probably sick.

Was that not just a mountain bike version , (hence the name Vans Mountain), of the Caballero? It was probably too early to be a tweak on the Half Cab. The little Velcro strap type of thing covering the bottom couple of lace holes was there for some reason relating to (old school) toe clips/straps, I think.

That shoe came in brown or tan iirc. There were those Vans Natives that were kind of pastel colours and had a suede upper. Lance might have had one of those, but I can’t remember much about them.

1 Like