Music thread

I think anything after this ancient Numark will be an improvement anyway. Plus there seems to be more used xones about which should be fine considering how solid they’re meant to be. Defo leaning towards the xone for the sound quality. Cheers

1 Like

You can replace/upgrade faders if you don’t like it but I thought the xone one was fine. Loads of places had them as the in house mixer so they can’t be that bad right? Tbh I didn’t have a massive range of comparison

2 Likes

Ta! Got my eye on a used one on eBay.

Got a spare ticket to the advent, Strerac and lady starlight on Saturday if anyone fancies some techno

Surely there will be curve settings you can change, the faders will be Digitally controlled.

1 Like

Well matey in the video reckons both settings are weird. still haven’t heard it mentioned anywhere else

Went for the A&H, got a hardly used boxed one on the way, yasss

1 Like

Just set it up, you weren’t kidding! Can’t believe I’ve been mugging off my Technics for so many years

1 Like

My mixer is in it’s last legs so might splurge on one of these

2 Likes

Got mine 2nd hand and it is mint. Didn’t think I’d care about the filter but it does sound really good in low pass so I might end up using it sometimes

Not like this
(Apologies to buildafire )

3 Likes

This guys has hit the nail on the head. For me, this has always been the issue with A&H mixers. Great sound, love the filter but the fader curve have always been a bit odd. I still do a bit of scratching and the pioneer faders have always been so much better even on the entry level mixers. If I’m doing long gradual mixes I’ll take the A&H all day, but if I want the option to do choppy mixes with a bit of scratching I have to go with the pioneer. If I do a gig (which isn’t very often these days) and I see an A&H in the booth my heart sinks a bit.

1 Like

Sorry, just saw you’ve already got the A&H.

I’ve been debating going fully old school and getting an old vestax pmc-06.

Yeah the curve is a bit weird tbh but I really don’t chop much if at all or scratch, but if I did it might be an issue. Had a quick mix yesterday and it’s fine for what I need

Fail play. Ideally I’d have an old school rotary mixer for anything over 100bpm.

1 Like

Never used a rotary, what’s the deal there?

Normally very high quality analog audio with rotary nobs (normally large and nicely weighted) instead of faders which works really well for long mixes. Good ones go for crazy money though.

1 Like

The pioneer one is a nice bit of kit but the £3G price tag is a bit outside my budget.

I’ve got an Omnitronic TRM202, fairly cheap and deffo fun to use

1 Like

'kinell no shit, for that money I’d expect it to clean up and do the dishes as well

1 Like