Music thread

Yeah, can’t really use them for hip hop either. But nice bit of kit though.

2 Likes

I think faders would be better for me, need the option to slam it if a mix goes pear shaped, still do the odd spinback as well for jungle stuff

1 Like

Speaking of mixing, I know a couple of people on here have tape decks in the car etc, I’ve got a few tapes I bought for bandcamp, didn’t sell many, if anyone fancies a mixtape, let me know. Enjoy doing them. You choose the genre. Free

(I sold one on eBay the other day, listed some genres, a woman bought one and asked for pop country. Ffs. Talked her round to 80s / funk)

The rewind is still the best way to end any mix.

2 Likes

What skate video was this in?

Mark Baines / Lost & Found

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s been doing my head in. So obvious now.

I’m in a group chat with Baines and a couple of others.

A couple of years ago, I dropped that song into the conversation with the line “This would be so sick to use in a video”

One person quickly replied “You joking?”
Baines replied “Ouch”.

Oops.

I will never, ever need skatevideosite.com for that tune.

8 Likes

Steve Albini died, fucking hell.

He was no age to die of a heart attack - only 61! So sad for his friends and loved ones.
I was looking forward to seeing Shellac again at Primavera this summer.

Gutted.

yep, so strange and sad.

Ahh, man. That fucking blows.
I’ve watched a lot of his interviews over the past few years - after decades of listening to his stuff - and he just had the most amazing attitude towards things…almost harsh but believing in everything he was involved with because thats how he could get it to be the best version of itself.
That outlook was so good to learn about.

Also, “songs about fucking” as a title and album cover totally grabbed my teenage mind seeing it on the shelves, even before I’d heard it.

40Oz Pour One Out GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Giphy, Gif, Product launch

3 Likes

Probably never posted this here, but I interviewed him for the Quietus and it’s the only interview I’ve done that I go back and read.

The line that tQ added about me only calling up for a quote is rubbish; I was a regular poster on the Electrical Audio forum and he was well aware it was going to be fairly in-depth.

8 Likes

for those who like death metal, Nile are touring the UK in September!

1 Like

Tempted to drive to Bristol to see Wolves in the Throne Room at the end of the month. Really good black metal band that Gawk put me on to. I’ve seen them once before at Hare & Hounds in Birmingham and they were excellent.

3 Likes
3 Likes

£10 for this lot from a yard sale. Stoked.

6 Likes

CDs are having a comeback, I reckon prices on stuff that’s aged well have tripled recently

3 Likes