Music thread

Shout out scienceversuslife.

1 Like
1 Like

I had to work out what this comment was about. No idea who dave is.
Just watched a few performances from Mercury prize, never really taken much interest in it but definietly not seen any of it in years, forgot it was a thing.
Seems like everyone is trying so hard, acting up, nothing natural at all. Taking a little bit of different ideas that have already been done musically and performance wise and mixing them together and hoping it comes across as new and genuine. Might sound harsh and these people might be genuine or think they are but it all seems so flimsy.
Dave won yeah? wow, what a load of weak words balanced on vague Roots Manuva template.

Oh and just to state, I think taking inspiration from past ideas is all good, it’s how it’s done pretty much but it has to be coherant and feel new, most of this stuff didn’t.
I got the most genuine vibe from Slowthai ha

For anyone with Spotify.
Busy Signal has some great tunes.

I’m a sucker for decent cheesy pop with quirky/inventive lines and ideas.

Seems like a decent female role model too.

Heard he was a big fan of Frank Stephen’s In Motion section.

1 Like

I will see your Jesus and Mary Chain cover, and I raise you.

A Lords of the New Church cover, featuring one of The Stooges.

1 Like

Wow. He seems to have worked with some interesting people on this. No idea how.

Just realised how much I like the Pet Shop Boys.

Thats all.

1 Like

Someone has to.

This guy knows

Although Tennants contribution to Electronic was gold.

Domino dancing is great.

I thought he just did some backing vocals? I’m no expert though

Pet Shop Boys are wicked. Touring this year too.

2 Likes

Had main vocs on disappointed. Backing vocs on getting away with it helps make the track I reckon.
I don’t mind pet shop boys to be honest. Always quite liked Suburbia.

Ah don’t get me wrong I didn’t mind Electronic, I just didn’t know what Mr T really contributed. Fair do’s. I quite liked Suburbia too, bought the 12" when it came out and got the piss taken out of me by my fellow Iron Maiden fan club schoolmates.

1 Like

OOF. isn’t “don’t get me wrong” fairly close to a bad sentence startism that you mentioned in the other thread? I know how badly that reads too ha

Just kidding though of course :wink:

1 Like

Fuck, I hope not. I just genuinely wanted you not to get me wrong.

1 Like

haha, all good man