Music thread

Recording from a DJ set the other week at YES in Manchester if anyone needs some background sounds today, starts with a cover by ‘Walk On The Wild Side’ by Micha Ben Ami, ends with ‘Crash Override’ by Tukan on Hoga Nord, who are always worth checking out…

3 Likes

Cheers, just what I needed today…

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/wutang/s/vYCkHDoZQV

Reddit user reviews ‘Once Upon a Time in Shaolin’ mix after attending listening event.

I gotta say…the top bands on my playlist has to be The Smiths, The Cure, Blink-182, Iration, Rebelution, and Bob Marley. If none of ya’ll have listened to them ur missing out fr…just listen to this song

Mix of Actress-ey type stuff done with me new analogue mixer

5 Likes

Anyone else watching the Glastonbury coverage? Chris Martin looks like he’s going to a rave at a climbing wall.

I usually look forward to this but there wasn’t really anything that appealed to me this year. YouTube keeps suggesting various bits from the Isle Of Wight Festival that look good so I’ll dip into more of those over the next couple of weeks.

That said, LCD Soundsystem were good.

I did also pop Coldplay on for a bit… (Radio 2 for extra points) …and ended up listening to the full set, with camp fire & beers, which suited my current frame of mind a treat.

2 Likes

Had a dig about on iPlayer, found The Breeders set, that was about the highlight of Glastonbury for me

Not a Coldplay fan at all, some sing along tracks, but seeing Michael J Fox absolutely smashing it from a wheelchair warmed the cockles of this old cynics heart

3 Likes

3 Likes

lol. Nice.

OOF! jokes aside, that’s an emotional listen.

My mate Katherine’s album has finally come out on Planet Mu.

IMG_1737

It’s wicked. You can check it on bleep and via loads of other shops.

This could’ve gone in the Stoked! thread.

8 Likes

Sick. Mu is such a great label

1 Like

Absolutely. Long-time fan of Mike P and his label. So much sick stuff over the years and so diverse.

2 Likes

Fuck, this is right up my strasse.

Really liking it.

Just listening, this is really good. Will cop when I get paid.

Stoked to hear that @Londonskater and @PolarJames

I thought there might be one or two folks on here who’d be into it :+1:

BBC just played Together from the Ghosts releases by Nine Inch Nails as part of the football coverage. I love how deep into mainstream crap Trent is able to go.

Nice to hear this better quality. It’s not on that h-street album for some reason

1 Like