Music thread

True. Same applies with those dick heads who are good at skateboarding too, I guess.

Such a let down, these talented humans.

1 Like

On the topic of Aphex;

There has been a rumor knocking about for years that Aphex had a barn or some holding down in the Gower. (similar Swansea related rumor being that his old man was featured in a Vice doc called Swansea Love Story - if you give it a watch, it’s the bit where they’re off about the mines)

I was on a North Wales trip last year and Jasper told me this barn isn’t down the Gower, he mentioned that it’s apparently in Cornwall and they tend to hold raves at it. Haha.

He was in college with his wife/partner and actually met Aphex at one point, where he heard it from…

Hopefully this doesn’t detract too much of the thread, thought it might be interesting read on a Monday morning for y’all.

1 Like
2 Likes

Well, this is new to me!

Really enjoyed that like.

Going for a fiver! (plus int. postage)

1 Like

Swansea Love Story was directed by Stu Bentley. He made the first Note video and also shot a bit for Blueprint and others back in the day. He was DOP on the last series of This is England.
He still skates…Lovely guy.

On Aphex - could probably all be true. He’s meant to have moved to some random part of Scotland, but @chasone mentioned to me a few weeks back that he is still living in Cornwall as he sees him about a bit.

2 Likes

I love hearing stuff like this - his 3rd Foot Big Push edit one year really stood out to me for having a very interesting visual style. Met him a few times in the 00s at various skate things, always seemed like a friendly guy.

I can’t claim to see Aphex Twin about. He did buy a car from a friend’s dad not too long ago (because he’d heard it was one of the loudest in-car systems he’d heard), and a couple of DJ friends are still in touch with him from growing up down here. I know his kids skate, and he’s interested in the park we’re trying to get build, but I’ve never met him myself.

This guy Paul is a Stockwell regular, he modifies gear, he sold one of these 666’s to RDJ, it’s on the equipment list for Syro

3 Likes

Sampled from one of these

ah, nice - I heard that on your SC the other day. Good shit…

hadn’t heard that before, nice one !

3 Likes

That was so good.

1 Like

One for later when I’ve had a zoot. Actually… what with lockdown and everything it’s probably ok to do that now right? All part of the war effort

2 Likes

Totally. If you aren’t doing it, you aren’t playing your part in saving the world.

1 Like

Yet another one

2 Likes

ODB thing was great. Esp the last few words

Sounds interesting!

1 Like