Music thread

Guess nobody here cares for the new track? Tough crowd, I think it’s the best he’s done in years.

1 Like

Which one? qu 1?

I like it. Ambient, but new…not an old SAW cast off.
In amongst that whole soundcloud dump there really are some golden tracks.

Since taking myself off any other social media and the music forum I was on I am really out of the loop when it comes to releases but I actually enjoy it as I can concentrate on my own stuff without being caught up with what other people like so I can just make what I like.
Do you still go on Watmm LS?

He could have easily put them out as Ambient Works 3 and made a mint

2 Likes

That’s the thing, he could put any old shit out, and people will cry over it like it’s a sign from god. Those SC comment make me laugh, why do people go gaga like that?

1 Like

Yeah, for sure. I think it’s cool that he’s put a lot out for free and only released a few bits…Actually, he’s probably released more post-Syro than any other era.

I do wish he’d not fuck with the OG albums on his bleep store thing, though and leave them intact - or at least declare “bonus track” on some stuff - he reordered ICBYD for a bit with the random SC tracks in the middle and thats just weird.

Just finished an EP I started a few days ago after playing on this new Russian drum machine. Pretty stoked actually, that I used this time productively, that’s not like me at all, Tunes take months and years to mature before seeing the light of day usually. If anyone is interested in hearing some horrible nasty noise beats culminating into a decepticon groove let me know and i’ll post it up when I get it up online.

4 Likes

Didn’t know he’d been messing with old albums, that is weird

Look forward to hearing that cf. What’s that drum machine called? Got a pic?

It’s the black square knobby thing with crocodile clip patch cable running from it in one of the pics I posted. Called Soma Pulsar 23

Nasty!

yeah deffo post it in here! think i’ve got your soundcloud but not been on there in a while…

ha, I have not been on SC in a few years I reckon. They changed it all around behind the scenes so people that don’t promote themselves get zero traffic. Which I suppose makes sense for them to do, make it more a social platform that can be easier monetised.

ahh right fair enough, that’s a shame used to be pretty good as well!

It’s still up just not logged in for ages.

Ok, so here is this random release out of nowhere haha
It’s a 25min EP of 1 track with 5 movements of groove, make of that what you will.

And a teaser vid for fun

3 Likes

Enjoyed this:

Looking forward to the Beastie Boys doc which comes out next week…hopefully a rip will appear fast as I don’t have Apple TV.

2 Likes

Apple TV recently were doing free 1yr.
Not sure of they still are, have a look though.

Wasn’t that with new 02 customers? I should use mine.

Been really enjoying Flipper, well this album mainly as of recent.

A fitting tune, perhaps?

1 Like

Anyone into their old jungle stuff should probably get on this for a bit…