Music thread

Aside from Walls, that whole Crass covers album is great.

He’s got a bunch of good stuff…but most gigs seems to be relatively well attended. 500 or so people easily…

He was posting some fun topical songs over the first lockdown from his apartment on his YT channel. that was good…

2 Likes

I always liked this JL song

https://youtu.be/LGrMIWYHNfs

love big jeffy, seen him here 3 times since 2008 and it’s been fantastic every time. proper nice guy as well

1 Like

did you offer him LSD?

1 Like

sunday vibes - i did a tribute mix to one of the greatest ever producers from Jamaica - Bunny Striker Lee. so many sweet tunes on here Mixcloud

@Spanky - still something wierd going on with the link, when i put the link on its own line the photo shows up in the preview screen but is invisible when i press return. i have to join the link to the existing text for it to be visible, and then its only the text and not the actual player… very odd

1 Like

Yeah it’s weird aye

Am speaking to mixcloud support, waiting for them to get back to me…

i’ve listened to both hazyville and splazsh at least once a week for the past 5 or so years if that means anything

1 Like

Should upload it to Soundcloud or something instead. Can’t rewind audio on Mixcloud. + i’m heaps keen on having a listen. Really into Bunny Striker Lee

@Lohi i have soundcloud but it has limited capacity as i dont have premium account so can only have 2 mixes on there so tend to only put stuff on mixcloud these days

here is link to download mp3 of the bunny lee mix - is amazing how many good tunes he was responsible for
https://we.tl/t-5TGYxBx5Oi (will expire in a couple of days) enjoy!

2 Likes

This has to go here:

Just grabbed it. Will definitely give it a spin later. Cheers

Just tried spotify for the first time (yeah I’m very slow on new technology). I can see how it’s quite accessible but it’s so fucking visually drab and makes me hate bands I used to love with dull ageing portrates of tubby 50 year olds being used instead of cool album covers.

I think I’m going to go back to ripping 2nd hand CDs.

Jeez are you browsing the forum from a rotary phone?

No I’m not as bad as @anon90826813 :wink:

I don’t use Spotify at all. Or Apple Music. Or any of that stuff.

My last house phone was rotary.

Got a Spotify account at the time but never bothered with it. There’s so much missing that it’s pointless, and the algorithms make it as worthwhile as listening to daytime radio, in terms of ‘stuff you might like’.

It’s like it goes, “Hmm, this guy likes Albert Ayler. By that logic he’ll absolutely love Jamie Cullum and Amy Winehouse!”

It’s got way better at that recently.

If I put just one song on now it doesn’t just make a playlist of that artist or similar artists or genre, it seems to also bring up other songs that have similar tempo and dynamics etc. They definitely learn from what people put in their own playlists and analyse the contents of each track. Pretty neat.

I can’t stand the adverts and I like to put decent money towards the artists I really like.
I did do Last FM at work when it first started.
At home I still have an old school stereo system and play CD’s or my laptop is next to it with aux cable ready to go.
I have been buying older CD’s off music magpie real cheap, ones that are impossible to get new, helping recycle and all.
If you buy CDs to rip Beef, i’ll take them off you half price afterwards :wink: (depeneding what they are)

It kept putting the polyphonic spree in the mix. Fuck that shit.

1 Like

The Christmas ones this week are* perking me right up.

*are really not