Music thread

Do you mean who else did we put on? Loads really. Erm… some names off the top of my head are Caribou, DJ Scotch Egg, Pole, Autechre, loads of the Skam records crew, Skepta, Digital Mystikz, DJ Pinch, B12, the Heatwave crew, Actress, Ceephax Acid. Seems like ancient history now…

3 Likes

lol what a brian cant. when shackleton left some cables he just sent me a nice email a week later and mentioned it whilst giving his address, in return & completely unannounced he sent me a package of 10 test presses of his

(had all the tunes already though :heart_eyes: )

5 Likes

Yep. Sounds like an altogether better approach! He seems like a genuinely nice guy based on the couple of times I’ve shared a bill with him.

1 Like

This guy’s alright sometimes but this is really good:

1 Like

Really underrated record. First one after Amazing Grace and it took a bit of a while to get it out, and people probably thought it’d sound like Amazing Grace so it never really got any attention. That tour was the best I’ve seen them too, and I’ve seen them a lot.

There’s probably a really interesting story behind it.

2 Likes

New Space Afrika is out this week, looking forward to it

https://boomkat.com/products/honest-labour

This was probably the album/mix/show I listened to must in 2020 - defined the year, emotionally as well as sonically, very well

3 Likes

Mates solo project I helped him out on in my studio. Check it out if you’re into avant garde sounds or whatever you’d file it under. We’re stoked on it.

Norman is a great label. Link to where we can hear it?

haha, didn’t realise it was not out, checking when it is.

Halsey’s new album, produced by Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor, is rather good for pop

Miki Berenyi from Lush talking about how she used to hang out at Southbank:

“I met a bunch of people at a gig when I was 16. They were these blokes who were into the South London skateboarding scene. I remember going along to the Southbank, and I’m not a skateboarder myself, but I would go along and hang out. They were probably a little bit older than me, maybe about 19-21, but it was brilliant because they were just such a disparate group. Two of them worked at the Ministry Of Defence. There was a guy called Bricky because he was from Brixton who was basically a dope dealer.”

5 Likes

RIP Bricky.

I did a Baker’s Dozen with Alastair Roberts, CMOAC.

1 Like

RIP Lee Scratch Perry

1 Like

Fuuuuuck. New album a few weeks ago too.

What. Gutted

So, I live entirely off of MP3s and for some reason I have been thinking about subscribing to some streaming platform…Any thoughts?

Apple Music or Spotify? Or something else?

Are there any questions I should be asking? My tastes are pretty diverse and I know I have a lot of random/rare bits from really small labels. I’m assuming that a lot of those labels which don’t exist anymore wouldn’t be streaming anything anywhere, etc.

Spotify.

There’s so much missing from both of these, I don’t think they’d be much use to you. Radio?

I joined spotify last year, the free version, but I didn’t like the stuff it kept suggesting for me. Maybe I didn’t use it enough to let the algorithms kick in.

1 Like