Music thread

i did a little mix yesterday with some nice reggae off some sweet albums

interesting readng the dnb comments above, it goes in and out of fashion every few years but the ravers are still out there… i went to the ‘clash in the capital’ at printworks a couple of months back and that was great - came with the whole soundclash set up, 4 crews and loads of exclusive dubplates and specially written lyrics.
another amazing night was the 20 year anniversary remembrance dance for DJ Kemistry last month. was actually the closest thing to being back in the blue note for metalheadz in 96, that era of tunes was so heavy and innovative.

one other sub-genre i liked was the ‘dubby’ reggae influenced dnb from about 10 years ago - i found this mix by this dude DJ Caspar , dont have a track list but think quite a few of the tunes are by Calibre and sample a lot of really big roots tunes to great effect

2 Likes

My mate did a remix of Everyman for a Kenny Ken jungle sound clash recently.
Kenny"s son, Chrissy Chris played it on the Rene Le Vice show on radio 1 the other night.

john morrow from foul play

1 Like

Wait I had no idea Chrissy Chris was Kenny Ken’s son. Now I’ve seen the names it’s a massive give away haha

I was surprised when I found out Logan D was Micky Finn’s son as well.

My dad was always into proper 80s nonsense when I was a kid and I hated it. Suppose it goes to show how jungle/dnb has stood the test of time when generations of the same family are equally as interested.

Aquarius was Photek, right? Another Photek classic…

been enjoying this kinda stuff a lot atm -

That last one reminds me a bit of some of Somatic Responses’ stuff. Also Cristoph de Babylon - not heard that name in a long time.

:bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Been around forever but I only heard of him last year haha! everything he’s put out since then has been banging i must say

Photek has gone onto doing film score stuff.
He’s one of my old faves. I first heard of him on the Jon Peel show.
After that, I’d pick up every release, for a while.

My Dad was into all sorts.
Music by Buckem got him open to listening to some more musical DnB.

And unfortunately dubstep for a bit

good mix

How the hell do you hack a Minidisk? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Purposely leaked for hype it means.

New Plaid album is pretty good after a few listens, they have been fairly sterile and safe over past few releases though.

Plaid have been smashing it for nearly 30 years, they can be as safe as they like, they don’t have to prove themselves to anyone. Just continue to make lovely music.

(although I know what you mean, it all gets a bit samey doesn’t it)

1 Like

Well, i’m a big plaid fan so all the samey/safe stuff is good however I do crave for another album like Spokes which is so underated it should be shoulder to shoulder with the best from the other more popular warp artists.

Black Dig - Bytes is freakin magic. Plaid have their moments…

1 Like

Bytes is glorious, some of the best if not the best of that type.