Music thread

Love meat loaf. Gutted.

Got a friend who as soon as a musician dies he’s quick to post an RIP on insta, a serial RIPer you would say. Will see about ML as he might be a bit ‘off brand’.

Meat Loaf you have to be of a certain age and disposition to even be aware of who he was. If you know then you know, absolute legend

Him and Steinman made some epic shit together

1 Like

That’s a bummer. The last time I saw them was the Daisy tour and they were really good. You Won’t Know was the ender and must have gone on for over 10 mins, it was so sick.

Gutted that I didn’t pick up tickets for any of their other shows before the non existent Sci Fi tour.

I didn’t expect to see some Brand New chat in this thread! I Still listen to them all the time. Only saw them once back in 2012 and they were great, I like how they finished up and walked off, no need for an encore.

3 Likes

My profile image is TDAG, they’re always present here.

2 Likes

However it would be great to hear the studio version of Sealed To Me, which they recorded and then left off Sci Fi.

2 Likes

Incidently really fun to play covers of it on a jazzmaster in drop d

3 Likes

Mantra is loving every second of it. Bryan Gee is amazing. ha ha.

That was great. I didn’t do too well - only 3/10 but I did better than A Guy Called Gerald. He was useless.

2 Likes

barely got 2, I never knew track names and artists they were just tracks I heard around I guess. Some real obvious ones in there though and still I couldn’t find the info in my head.

I’ll be honest; there were only two others where I really recognised them. But even if I had an hour, I’d still struggle to have named them. Same deal as you, with those - Just had heard them around a lot.

I did pretty well but a few favourites in there. DJ nut nut is pretty obscure but has that sick Rodigan sample at the start

Edit it’s the remix

I’ll never forget being at a techno night in 94 or so and the DJ dropped champion sound, place went apeshit

1 Like

Listening to that it definitely makes me realise that I didn’t take in the work behind the breaks and that credit to people like aphex and squarepusher are overhyped. In a way anyway.
Kind of weird hearing this stuff again with a different ear.

1 Like

Sent it to my brother. Jungle is his thing - he’s released and still releases records on Jungle labels/DJs on stations, etc.

Let’s see how he does.

1 Like

That’s the one i instantly found on YT after to play. I love that whole dark rave stab shit. Anytime I tune a synth at weird intervalls instead of the typicical 5th etc I have to play some ravey/jungly riff for fun. Non muscians messing around with gear always come up with interesting sounds that musicians would never consider right.

Some serious talent for sure. Source Direct for example have absolutely no business being as amazing as they are / were. It defines belief.

Yeah, well, Venetian Snares built a career off emulation or at least taking it and running off with it. Done it justice and well though.

https://www.mix cloud.com/minesh-surti/dj-sy-ltj-bukem-quest-mashed-que-club-050394/

Check the way Sy drops it in. Ballsy. Can’t remember when but the whole mix is dope. Hardcore / Jungle crossover. This whole thing (Sy & Bukem) is my fave tape

Edit - mixcloud links never seem to work but take out the gap