Music thread

really enjoying this album atm

Soundttrack for the day:

1 Like

my mate with a sound system got a new pre-amp and we did a mix testing it out. basically flick one switch and instantly twice as much bass!

Did anyone recently pick up the re-press of Mort Garson’s Mother Earth’s Plantasia? It comes with a download code card that you can actually plant. I thought that was a nifty idea.

fuckitall;

1 Like

Whole EP is wicked

Nice to see the Violent Femmes are still at it, and using a barbecue as a drumkit. Not sure what Janoski has to do with it but the video shows some skateboarding .

This one is better:

1 Like

Title track off of new tool album

Could cry with happiness

Never got the whole Tool thing personally. Heard plenty but never heard anything that grabbed me at all.
One of those bands that draws in a very intense type of fan. And the people I know that are tool fans never really sold it to me. The whole fan thing (with any music etc) is something I find interesting.

Edit: Just realised that this post could be taken as a slight at you Nazo! please do not take offence, I am being very general and i’m sure you’re not mental hehe :wink:

1 Like

I like the idea of Tool & the whole aesthetic but have never got on with the actual music

Aha if I don’t already come across as a fanatical weirdo on this skateboarding forum then cool lol. No offense taken

@Haven_Hamilton_Official yeah their album art and imagery has always been gorgeous

The music can be really, really pretentious if you look at it negatively. It’s not immediately accessible because it’s not written to have pop-y hooks. I’ve always liked fairly technical metal and musically it is next level shit. One of their most famous songs has 47 time signature changes, if you listen to it for pleasure it’s a beautiful song but if you try to follow the various rhythms it turns your brain into soup. That is tool in a nutshell - needlessly overcomplicated perfection

Accessible prog for guitar players, basically.

and drummers :wink:

Thing is, I love technical music, it’s what I look for but I don’t hear it in Tool. Of course it’s there but most of what I have heard is too bland to dig in and want to seek out the ins and outs.
It’s just a bit too moral whiney angst that plods along at a tempo that does not grab. I’m just not seeking to be told about how bad the world is by a high pitched boy voice, even if I agree with the sentiments.

Dream Theatre for moody teenage boys.

1 Like

haha, Fucking Dream Theatre.
Tool over them any day.

1 Like

nah like i say tool definitely isn’t for everyone. as you said before, the band draws in some very fanatical people. the imagery and aesthetic with all it’s esoteric onism is fascinating. my entire previous sentence is the kind of bullshit you get from tool and the fans (of which I am one). their more-straightforward, less pretentious songs are brilliant

anyway. i was stoked yesterday. im going to be in la-la land for the new album. good times

But are you getting the version that comes on a 4" HD screen with speaker? (Just seen my local record shop is taking pre-orders). What a time to be alive.