1 Like

Incredible

1 Like

Haha, crazy.

“It’s 1990 boys…let’s get rid of the skeletons” makes me laugh every time

3 Likes

EGGGGGGGGS!

5 Likes

I feel like this is the most interesting part of the story.

What’s it like hanging out with Tom Penny. Is he the king of small talk. Can you be in the presence of such ethereal legend without fanning out just a little?

5 Likes

Dope! I’ve got a blender tattoo also, the rocking dog and little face from the same graphic, I know @buildafire has one too (can’t remember which graphic tho)! Anyone else on here got a Blender tat?

Got a Pow Pow gun one which you can kind of see in the book photo I posted, and the praying woman.

Did the intro for the book that drawing above came from too.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few Blender stickers in the collection if anyones into stickers @skateboardstickeraddict Trying to track down a few of the elusive earlier ones to complete the set.

2 Likes

Lance on Blender

1 Like

Grosso on Blender

4 Likes

I struggled to know how to/whether I should answer this as I’ve known him for a long time kind of so it feels uncomfortable answering.

I’m going to defer to my Mrs’ comment when she met him for the first time.

“I feel like I just met Gandalf”

8 Likes

Going to throw this in here too, mainly because I can’t believe it only has 81 views.
Blender’s part from this video gets posted often but the entire video is brilliant.
When this came out it was completely different from ANYTHING else that predated it.
It was also the first time Dinosaur Jr was used with skateboarding.
Watch it all - it’s fantastic.

7 Likes

Savannah Slamma 3, the year before. :wink:

2 Likes

Totally understandable.

The two times I’ve briefly met him/been in his presence (once randomly in an airport and once at a demo), I had a similar reaction to your wife.

1 Like

Superb, especially as Steve Claar has a section.

1 Like

Fair but nobody outside of the States saw that.
I was desperate to buy it but it proved impossible.
First use of Dinosaur in a widely available/desired company video then.

:wink:

2 Likes

i just randomly watched speed freaks last week and really enjoyed his part. this also sounds like dinosuar jr and was also 89 (maybe it isnt though i didnt check the credits). how he skated that moonlands place (sadlands?) was so sweet, his mini ramp looks so ridiculously tight.

skeletons quote is all time classic and that artwork above is brilliant

1 Like

He had one of the best frontside ollies on vert

1 Like