New user? Coming from forums.sidewalkmag.com? Say hi.

Safe guys!

Was ForwardMotion on N26, so why change name now?

I have no clue about skateboarding these days, but I guess you fully never let go!

4 Likes

Boom yes Jon

2 Likes

Hey, lurked and occasionally posted on the old Sidewalk forum…

4 Likes

Good to have you here!

Yeah nice one @Geek_Mafia don’t be shy, get in

Hi, new user here… (be kind:)

I’m looking for a Colchester Skateboarder to test out a new mini quarter pipe
I Built the skate ramp for my 10 yr old son and he’s struggling to ride it (too fast). I really need an experienced rider to test it out and recommend changes.

1 Like

Welcome mate. Solid first post!

Looks good to me.
Your son is lucky!

Would absolutely love to have that at home. The dimensions all look good to me, it’s perhaps his skill level that isn’t quite up to speed (pun!) yet. However I think that if you slowed the ramp down, this would make it even harder to skate (obviously he’d be able to cruise or whatever but as he progresses he will want that extra momentum)

My lad has that map on his wall too.

I’d say it looks ok, it will be more him needing practice and to get used to it.

My son can skate really good for his age and nails ramps much larger ramps than that - his Autism makes it hard for him to break down the problem with the ramp though
My guess is the surface is too quick ‘n smooth - could painting it slow it down enough???
Maybe its just too steep and needs to be lowered again (yes the ramp was originally much higher than that; this is take two…)

Ah, I think the assumption we all took was that he was a beginner.
It does not look too steep. I looks mellow if anything.
Does he reach the coping too fast? Could be that it’s too mellow or short.

Nah, he maybe a little rusty but he’s pretty good - he learnt to skate at Empire Skate Park two years back - my guess is its surface or slope related

Yeah - fucks up his rock-2-facky or his board goes flying if he tries to brake stop it

How long has he been riding it for? Slowing down is way easier than having to gain speed

1 Like

If he’s reaching the coping too fast then it’s a mismatch with the transition, height and flatbottom length.
From the pics, it looks more on the too mellow or low side than too steep or high. You can’t lengthen the flatbottom because you are restricted obviously. My instinct would be is that you need an extra 4-5 inch in height but you say you already cut it down.

This is our ramp we built last year. First pic is how it was originally built, it didn’t feel right. The flat bottom was too short for the transition/height. We took 5inches off and now it’s perfect (second pic). Well, they are never perfect because the flat bottom is still short but now new height suits it.

2 Likes

@anon90826813 I think you would appreciate the extra height now you are back on it.

Just been thinking about that but I still don’t think it would have felt right. If we magically extended it back i’d be able to skate it better but I don’t think i’d like it still. We’d need to kick the walls out a couple feet to make it work.

1 Like

Ramp looks amazing

Woooah. Who is “our”?