New user? Coming from forums.sidewalkmag.com? Say hi.

Been on the old forum since sometime in the early 2000s I think. Lurk mode only for years, though. Not really been skating much these last few years after knee surgery but I’ve been rolling a bit more lately.

2 Likes

Glad to have found you UKskateforum. It’s been a while - i’ve missed all the jibber of the forum format!

3 Likes

Yeah welcome @NezShreds what was your old username?

Hi Lads… thanks & great to be here… does anyone know a guy that uses the handle: fullmetaldroogie?

Doesn’t sound familiar

Hey folks. Used to read Sidewalk back in the day. Decided to try and get back into skating recently, so I’m sure I’ll be asking for help from you all sooner or later.

7 Likes

Welcome mate!

Yes @Saxon welcome aboard

Hey Guys, a new skater here and wanted to say hi as well as ask where is the best place to ask question on this forum?

3 Likes

Welcome Fred.

Random chat about anything in here.

If you have questions about boards, wheels, trucks, bearings, ect ask in here.

I hope that helps for now.

1 Like

Welcome to the new pub Saxon. Glad to have you here.
I used to be a lot more active on the old forum but still love saying ‘hello’ to new people so…
Hello!

1 Like

Hello mate - welcome to the pub :wink:
There are generally existing threads for most obvious questions but feel free to start your own if there’s something specific you want to ask.
It’s a friendly place here most of the time.

New user here I did head over to the sidewalk forum occasionally to have a look (lurk) but never joined up. I started skating around 95 in East Yorkshire it was a really good scene in them days Bridlington which had just had its south side seafront modernized with lovely salmon pink marble used to attract a few out of towners Graham, Roz and the Bradford crew, Scott and the Hull crew. Pritchard (pre Dirty Sanchez days) turned up one afternoon and ollied off this great big pink thing in the middle of a paddling pool once pretty sure that was in Sidewalk. Anyway enough of the memories I have not had much to do with skating since until a lad shredded past my front window a month or so back so I thought i would have a look online see what’s going down.
The amount of footage people are turning out is unbelievable but the majority of it is throwaway watch once not like the vhs gems of yesteryear
No more sidewalk in print???
It is now acceptable to wear adidas trackies while skating???
Companies have Lookbooks???
Wow things have changed and not all of it for the good of skateboarding but such is life everything changed except how I remembered things.
Still going to treat my self to a new setup and take my daughter down to the Gasworx skatepark see if the ankles can still hack it.

5 Likes

Welcome. I’m over in Hull so not too far away, basically can’t do anything on a skateboard any more but cruising to work and back. Gasworx looks mint, might have to try and get over there some time.

2 Likes

It looks like a decent little park but not sure over time it will of suffered as it was made free not long after it opened. Used to love street skating in Hull always thought it deserved more coverage than it got in the magazine’s and videos.

Long time Sidewalk lurker here. I just heard about this replacement forum, so I figured Id create an account and actually get involved this time. Don’t skate much these days but I’m trying to get out there more. When the knees and ankles let me…

5 Likes

Welcome on board!

Nice one @Ghost welcome!

Hi.

3 Likes

Welcome. Knees, ankles, family life, lack of skills… You’re in good company :wink:

2 Likes