Nine Club

Roger should be the host since he actually knows who the guests are. Steezus as assistant to ask the interesting follow-up questions and actually take in what’s being said.

Not sure if it’s “deadpan” or “sarcastic”, isn’t he just very stupid? When he gets a laugh I always imagine he’s thinking, “That was funny? What’d I say?”

2 Likes

Crob saying Riiiiight and doing that face like he knows what the other guy is on about does my twat in

3 Likes

OK, but he’s got a machine that makes a fart noise!

Hilarious.

His hero in radio/podcast is Howard Stern so what do you expect? He keeps that to the experience thankfully. Which is more enjoyable than the main show a lot of the time. Five people chirping in on different subjects. Though their lack of awareness for bigger issues as adults is embarrassing at times.

Chris Roberts is absolutely the worst for this, but it’s been annoying seeing Roger telling folk to go out and skate just now. Steezus noticeably brings himself down to their levels, and often actually has to explain stuff. I’m sure he had to explain the difference between metric and imperial to Chris Roberts once.

‘Steezus’ is the worst imo.
Obviously has no interest in skateboarding, wouldnt be surprised of the only vid hes ever seen is Guilty.
Maybe im just a kook for watching the experience though

1 Like

Its more that he obviously doesnt skate, said on a recent show that he only rides a boosted board now. I would swap him out for Jeron in a heartbeat.

Totally agree. He is the worst to listen to. All he does is big up how great the Nine Club is and how they are doing great things for the skateboard world. Apart from a very short stint on the fucking Berrics and being mates with Malto, who is he anyway?

Find it funny they take the piss out of Steezus for hiding his boldness under hats and his Deirdre Barlow glasses which he thinks are cool.

Steezus is responsible for about 70% of the brainpower on the Experience. He functions as a regular person, unlike Chris, Roger, Kelly or Justin. I’d rather have some guy who doesn’t “skate at a pro level” offering up some conversation than somebody who does, giggling at farts like a prick and not having anything to say.

If skateboarding got wiped out tomorrow he’d be doing something rad within the week while the rest signed on.

2 Likes

I’d say that none of them skate at a pro level anymore.
I hope I never dont find farts funny.
I dont watch for the interesting conversation, its just a group of pals taking the piss out of each other and messing about (what I would do while skating with my pals).
Vent City is for the interesting discussions!

I had ditched the Berrics way before he had anything to do with it, so I never had that association. I think he doesn’t want to shine his light a lot of the time, as he feels like he could be easily replaced if it looked like he was taking over a bit to much. He has to have a knack of knowing where peoples ego levels are to of got this far.

Also had no idea he was to do with the Berrics.

Maybe he sits there because he’s their mate and they like his company. Seems reasonable.

Always comes across like he hasn’t known them long and he was a stand in for one of the regulars, that that they kept onboard.

It feels a bit like he’s embarrassed by some of the stupid shit that gets said but he’s too nice to not laugh politely. He also makes jokes that none of them even notice.

1 Like

I used to think Chris was pretty dry and sarcy’ for an American.

Then I watched more of The Nine Club and realized his act gets old quick.

Unless there’s someone I really want to watch and/or they steer the chat, then I tend to avoid the Nine Club.

Been enjoying the Bunt now I finally got around to it, though.

1 Like

When it’s anybody good he’s got nothing to say anyway, since he’s completely out his depth.

1 Like

It’s much better, I just switch off at the end before all the US sports chat but I do that with half the podcasts I listen to anyway.

I’ll have to check if there’s some more of those Lee Smith ones, they were also much better than the Nine Club.

That’s exactly what I do.

I do love how they’re Canadian and they had on Dom and Korahn!