Not Stoked.

Most youngsters will have grown up with having a skate park being just as common as a football pitch for a kick around in their home town now. Having never known not having one.
It’s just normal to them now. With most of them probably spending at least sometime there on a scooter or their bike, maybe even a board. It’s part of the fabric of the towns set up these days for youngsters to hang-out at.

6 Likes

That’s a really good point @voodoo

Hadn’t thought of it that way as to why we’re no longer targeted.

1 Like

We’re also now big fat bearded dads with tattoos so that probably limits the aggro we’ll get from scrotes too

1 Like

Just seen that Jonas Wray has passed away. Feel so sorry for Jeremy and family. :cry:

Oh shit! that’s awful.

Makes my coming on to moan about my oven not working trivial now.

Oh man that sucks

Great skater in his own right. RIP.

Jonas Wray had one of my favourite Transworld covers. I don’t remember but I think it may have been shot by Jody Morris. I’m sure someone, (@buildafire probably) could verify who the photographer was and also dig out a better quality copy than this. RIP Jonas.

1 Like

Version from Jody Morris’ book:

3 Likes

I was thinking Nike/Adidas/ Converse when I wrote that

No way. I watched so many clips of him and Jeremy (and Pat Channita) on Jeremy’s Insta a few days ago. Seems like they were out skating having fun together all the time. Damn. :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 Like

3 Likes

Very very sad news. RIP.

God how horrible.

Man, how utterly devastating for the Wray family . Those two in the early 90’s were absolute destroyers . Fuck. Such a shame. R.I.P

I had that Indiana Jonas board. Loved it so much. One of the boards I liked the most as a kid. Bought it in Lyon during a trip there in 95 maybe, even my parents loved it.

RIP Jonas Wray.

1 Like

Sad news to read while waking up this morning.

RIP Jonas

The worst news to see, Jeremy and Jonas Wray were some of the first skateboarders I ever saw through a 411 that I got for Christmas, I think Jeremy might have even been one of the first people I watched have a ‘day in the life’ kinda deal and he has always seemed like the most sincere, genuine dude, really feel for him and hope he can get through this. RIP Jonas Wray, such a loss.

1 Like

They seemed so close as well. Such sad news.

this ^

i’m not particularly close with my family but him and his brother seem like the bestest of friends. so sad