Not Stoked.

Also bought a Canon printer recently that wouldn’t work. Had to fish out an old laptop that could understand it.

It also wasn’t wireless, even though it only came with a mains lead, and I had to order the other lead from Amazon.

a lot of modern printers are FUCKING FUCKING SHIT

we needed one in a hurry for home schooling in lockdown pt. 2 when our trusty one broke. the one we bought has no screen and is controlled by an app on your phone. the app is the biggest piece of shit ever and i fucking hate it

1 Like

Home printers are a conspiracy

3 Likes

For a long time it’s been cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to buy replacement ink. The ink game is a racket.
Some brands of printer now come with RFID chips so if you try going off brand it won’t let you.

My favourite printer bullshit was when it decided it wasn’t going to print that black text document because you were low on Cyan or Yellow ink.

I always wanted one of those canon A3 printers with the print heads connected via tube to ink hoppers so all you need to do was topup as and when.

3 Likes

Sounds like a proper ball ache, you guys should just send it in an email.

2 Likes

Ink jet is pointless unless you’re printing on a decent wide format. Lazer all the way with general stuff.

Or print off a letter and mail it. … Oh wait.

I accidentally turned off my printer when I was updating the firmware and completely fucked it

Was updating as it refused to cooperate over wifi and was patchy at best over ethernet, so no great loss really

Love a printer story. This forum, eh?

3 Likes

I invested in a fountain pen not long ago for my correspondence.

I’m looking forward to writing ‘…and I hope that is an end to the matter!’ sometime soon.

3 Likes

I was gonna reply and say we don’t have a printer cos they’re so much hassle. Then I realised we do have one, it’s just fucking shit and doesn’t work so is buried under a pile of stuff somewhere.

We use ours to stack letters and other important bits of paper that we never get round to doing anything with.

My girlfriend has been constantly nagging me to get one over the past year. I hate the things and really don’t want to get one. But if I do, it’d be a colour laser model as they seem to be slightly less shit, and I get to pay for the privelige.

Got to go for a Covid test. Yay

Feeling shit, or just a precaution?

I’ve still never had to have a covid test. I’d love to know if I’ve had it asymptomatically or not, I guess there’s no way of knowing unless I go down with it one day.

My Mrs was forced to continue commuting for a long time even during the huge spike, and people in her old job have had it. Obviously they self isolated once they got symptoms but still I reckon there’s probably a good chance that we both had it and never noticed. She’s had a few tests but always negative.

Fucked my back up a couple of years ago and i get persistent coughs that stay around (current one ive had for 6 weeks now)

I got prescribed Omeprazol last week which has made it worse so need to find out whats causing it and need to rule out rona before I can get xrays and CTs

1 Like

They gave me that and told me to neck a shit load of gavisgon. They told me it’s reflux but every time I get a little cold I then get a cough for about 6 weeks afterwards.

Exactly the same mate! I think its called GERD/GORD but want it fixed

1 Like

Just had a really bad day. Relapsed. Fuxck everything

Edit and printers too. Why are they all just so unbearably shit!?

2 Likes