New Brexit thread

1 Like

Petrol shortage thread?

1 Like

They’re always low on sesame seeds in the co op near me. Not stocked

2 Likes

It’s a global problem apparently.

4 Likes

I thought there is loads of fuel just no drivers? A lack of drivers is not global.

Managed to refuel today after about a week of waiting. Stoked

2 Likes

Trying to get my online banking working on a new handset is a fucking nightmare. Reset your pin. Okay. Your pin will be delivered in 3 days ffs, pin arrives. It doesn’t work. Log in via the website. Wait another 3 days for your new pin to be sent…

Baby has a cold and dear god it fucking sucks

Try resetting your apple id without an iphone. I’m waiting for a phone call as you can’t verify on anything else apparently

I’m in the android camp. I’ve reinstalled the app and cleared whatever caches I can clear. I was even in branch on Thursday to try and sort it out but I was told I’d have to wait for the pin to be posted. Well I’m here with my card and my ID, why cant you generate a pin for me or whitelist me to log into the app, “it doesn’t work like that it’s all online now”.

It’s a Fucking joke, everything is so convoluted, I lost my card a wee while back (sans working phone with my banking app), so I thought I’ll ring up and cancel it, and order a new one which I’ve done in the past, but nope you now need your online banking pin to do that over the phone, which I’ve never had or known which means you can’t transfer funds either. So I’m left with no option but to go in bank to order a new card in whichtime any brian cant could be rinsing my contactless.

For the past several months I’ve had no personal phone so I’ve been rinsing the work one but I never felt comfortable putting my bank app on it, so id have to go in branch to get anything done which is tedious, there’s always about 10 ushers at the door and maybe two people in the whole joint who are qualified cashier/ bankers who get shit done.

Something as simple as transfering funds to another account with the same bank can take 20 mins face to face and the first thing they always ask is “have you tried doing this online.”

The only saving grace is if it’s this hard for me then scammers will have no chance.

Not skated for about two months. Gutted. A mix of time, weather, weekends away and unfortunate happenings.

I really miss the real world. Feel like I’ve forgotten how to actually have fun. Nothing happened but this weekend it just hit me how fully shit the last couple of years have been and I can barely leave the sofa.

Randomly watched this earlier on, was fucking sobbing uncontrollably by about 2 mins.

Man I saw green day a few years back at a completely packed Wembley. They played Hey Jude and everyone knew the words. It was epic. Something like 40,000 people singing na na na na na na

I’ve listened to Dookie pretty much every week since by mum passed away in August. I had it on repeat a lot last year when I was feeling low during the first lockdown as well. It’s become my go-to album for when I feel shit.

There’s something about playing Burnout really loudly and air drumming along to it that really cheers me up.

Like Neil Diamond, I’m a pretty solitary man. But the the combination of covid, a shit ton of injuries and family has meant I’ve barely seen any of my friends in the last 2 years. I’m lonely as anything now and I think I’ve forgotten how get out or even organise a get together.

6 Likes

Yep, this. I know we can technically do most of those things again but it just feels weird.

Gonna get me some Tool tickets for next year, at least the will be something to look forward to.

2 Likes

Yes Matt! Which gig you going to? Both London O2 and Birmingham arena are the same distance for me but I got better ticket options at Brum (and cheaper) so going to that one

Tool are one of my favourite ever bands and I always missed their previous tours. It’s going to be a religious experience

Shortys used to make riser pads called dookies and they were shit brown colour and really soft. Not entirely sure what they were for.

1 Like

Ok they were called dooks and we’re got absorbing shock.