Not Stoked.

Gared O’Donnell, singer and guitarist of Planes Mistaken for Stars died a couple of days ago, from cancer. He was only 44.

Too fucking young.

I’d say that contest skaters are the only ones to do something / anything that non-skaters will take notice of, simply by just being on TV for Street League, X-Games or the Olympics. Far easier for non-skaters to just stumble over anything like that and watching for a few minutes, compared to a PJ Ladd or Tiago Lemos part full of tech facemelters.

Hence verifying kook 101

Just finished a half bottle of horrible white wine leftover in the fridge. Tasted like whiskey and piss. Turns out it’s sherry. Who drinks this out of choice??

1 Like

4 Likes

Parades got a bit dusty recently. Loads of weird brands. I’m not cool anymore.

As if Covid wasn’t enough, bird flu just hit Europe pretty hard and I got a letter from the government here ordering me to keep my chickens in their coop until further notice, which could last two months I hear. Their coop is pretty small and they’re used to run free all over the place, I don’t know how they’ll cope with this. Gutted.

Can you make the coop bigger?

Saw someone on Insta say they didn’t realise Arto used to be pro - they only knew him as a photographer

2 Likes

That’s pretty rad that someone sees him as a legit photographer in his own right and not some ex-pro just poorly playing at it, trying to stay relevant.

3 Likes

Yes I suppose so. But this was from someone who skated, it wasn’t like someone completely outside of skating was giving him props for being a photographer (which would be rad).

Ah shit that sucks mate. Hope its not too long

Some of Arto’s surf photography is really amazing.

1 Like

ABP (by me a while back), Arto on photography, skating and surfing.

Yeah I already did and am tarting it up making their new veranda waterproof tomorrow.

Hopefully yes! According to my neighbour, there’s no way it can last more than 3 or 4 weeks.

They seem to cope with their lockdown well so far, they ate and drank as much as usual and have kept laying eggs today and yesterday which means they’re not too stressed out.

3 Likes

Bird Flu lockdown in the UK too as of yesterday.

“The new housing measures, which will come into force on Monday 29 November, mean that it will be a legal requirement for all bird keepers across the UK to keep their birds indoors and to follow strict biosecurity measures in order to limit the spread of and eradicate the disease.”

Bird flu – Latest situation: UK-wide housing measures introduced to protect poultry and captive birds against avian flu - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

It’s been really hard to get ours to keep their masks on.

Yeah Ive got mine under cover anyway and theyre not going out in the garden as I dont want boyo running chicken shit through the house but yeah heard that too

1 Like

Not all bird keepers are forced to do it here, only those that live really close to a lake or river, and I live about 500 meters away from the largest lake in central Europe.
My mates who live in the mountains don’t have to do anything for their chickens. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I hate December.
I hate December.
I hate December.
I hate December.
I hate December.

2 Likes

I felt a dark mist gathering in my mind last night. Hopefully it’s a quick month.