Not Stoked.

I’ve had this stinking cold that’s going around for nearly 2 weeks now. I seemed to get a bit better but today I feel like absolute shit.

Sinuses are blocked, headache, got the shivers… it’s crap.

Good news is that our boy’s nursery asked us all to get PCR tested during the end of last week and they all came back negative.

2 Likes

Stay on testing with that. My stinking cold eventually turned out to be covid after testing daily for weeks. Just had a friend have the same thing - cold for two weeks, testing regularly, eventually got positive

1 Like

On Friday our nursery was a ghost town. Was a bit weird but took it as a win (got the dream spot for the first time in ages).

Turns out they’d announced via a Facebook post the other day that the blue room group was riddled with covid (staff and kids) and they’ve had no choice but to shut down.

Feel like maybe something as drastic as that should be put out to all parents in an email. We hardly ever look at their fb page.

Luckily my sons group can still go in and I figure if the place is half empty it’s better than ever for him to go there.

Actually, the same thing happened in my sons group a month ago (at least 2 staff members getting it) but it stayed open. I’m 99.99999999999% certain my son passed it on to me and my wife through that but luckily he was totally asymptomatic.

What the fuck do you do if your nursery shuts down for 10 days? Absolutely snookered on all balls.

Good luck. Been through all this a month or so a go and it was shit.

2 Likes

I’m always testing, every couple of days I’ll do a lateral flow. I was testing daily the week leading up to the Decimal prem.

My dad has had the same thing and he got a negative PCR on Thurs/Fri.

1 Like

Oh bloody hell mate. Same situation here, none of us have Facebook, but our nursery are pretty good at keeping everyone in the loop with emails.

Sorry that you had to go through all of that. I hope everyone is ok and recovered now. Has the situation calmed down for you a bit now?

Oh and my son has had this cold for 2 weeks too. Only in the last couple of days has he got any amount of energy and colour back in his skin. Still just wants to chill out and watch Wall-E/Postman Pat!

Ours binned their Facebook because so many people just don’t use it anymore. On an app called Famly now, which is amazing. Updates, photos, messages, everything straight away but only when it’s actually relevant to you.

2 Likes

Nurseries are just a pit of disease aren’t they. My sons face is permanently dripping.

I think in normal times I think this is actually a good thing to prep them for life. These days though it just makes life so uncertain that it’s fucking exhausting.

1 Like

We’ve got a similar thing with ours.

Oh for sure! We had conjunctivitis cases in ours which spread round like wildfire, even my wife ended up getting it.

1 Like

Punch walls, cry into pillow, have panic attack etc

If that happened I would actually lose it

3 Likes

We were a couple of months late starting nursery because of lockdown so we were climbing the walls anyway, but it’s unimaginable thinking of it happening now.

Big up everybody who survived lockdown with actual active, needy kids.

3 Likes

Fuck knows but I was scuppered trying to cover 3 days when little man was sick for 7 days. Nightmare.

Mine was 14 months when it started, not sure if that counts.

Old enough to think “You what? I can’t do that stuff anymore?” for sure.

Oh right, yer, like Skateboarding, too fucking tired.

I mean just being aware of being able to go to the swings and shit. I dunno how you explain to a kid that the park (and the entire rest of outside) is closed.

Ah Okok. Yer I don’t think he was quite there at the start. You could distract him. If it got to that point again now, royally fucked.

Looking on my Google photos it’s showing what I was doing a year ago.

All we did for months on end was go out to a cemetery over and over again because it was the quietest, least populated green space near my house.

Having a child learning to walk in a world where we couldn’t go near anyone was… tough.

Moving out of a city was the best thing I’ve ever done. No doubt about it.

3 Likes

Unreal. After yesterday’s chat we went on the nursery FB this morning and they’ve posted that they’re struggling to keep the place open and asking to keep everyone home if possible.

No email or anything.

Mad scramble now.