Not Stoked.

So it’s the chassis mount for the subframe that’s fucked , been online and seen how people have repaired it. Only problem is the bushing is gone too and it only comes out from the top, which means subframe off . It’s a lot of work and I’m in 2 minds at the moment wether i do it all next weekend or just sell it as a parts car . The advisories for next year are looking like a hefty repair again.

I’ve got such awful peroneal tendonitis in my right ankle and a touch in the left. Had it for like a year and no stretching or strengthening exercises ever seem to help improve it. It’s had a right flare up over the last few days and I’ve got a constant burning sensation. Sucks.

Anyone else had it before? If so, did anything help you get over it?

I haven’t had that specifically but other similar things. The only advice I got that ever worked was from a doctor who told me to rest and take a COURSE of ibuprofen.

That means like two weeks of ibuprofen every day or whatever the maximum you can do it is.

Not just a few ibuprofen until it stops hurting. You gotta keep taking it to completely reduce the inflammation and eliminate it. Don’t do anything to aggravate it in that time. Build up flexibility and strength afterwards.

Might be worth a try?

3 Likes

Might as well give it a try! :facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Hope it works. I’m not a doctor so check the packet before you dose yourself with a poisonous level of anti-inflammatories :sweat_smile:

I think it was about two weeks I did. It worked anyway. Got to get rid of that residual inflammation :+1:t2:

1 Like

Strength work-shit loads of vids on YouTube.
Improved sleep.
Improved diet-whole foods, fruit, veg rich in natural ant inflammatory.
Tumeric tablet every day & maybe a gluecosemine.
Yoga.

Consistency in all of the above. The worst thing you can do is stop once your ankles feel okay. Keep it going and build it into your life. You will find that not only ankles will be better but it will improve other aspects of your health

Again … Consistency.

2 Likes

I’m wary of vitamin supplements. The majority do nothing more than a placebo effect (glucosamine being a fairly good example). The industry is so unregulated that even if you had one with proven benefits you’d probably end up buying utter crap that just gave you lead poisoning

Think fish oil with omega-3 is one of the few that regularly proves to have a benefit. Vitamin D being another

2 Likes

Yeah with you.

The only ones I take daily are

B12, Tumeric & Vitamin D but I ditch the vitamin D in the summer months.

2 Likes

Just echoing what Nozzleboy is saying here @sk8arrog8 do this, it’s absolute gold.

Ate a few mouthfuls of the babies meal (noodles, chicken, peanut butter sauce) and found out the other main ingredient is breast milk

1 Like

Mmm luxury milk.

5 Likes

Car was being a whiny bugger (literally speaking) on my drive home from Cardiff the other night, seemed to be within 1-2k revs and was audibly loud as you were toodling along a slow road. Suspect it’s the alternator bearing, so I’m going to have a look on Thursday.

I hope it’s just the fecking alternator and not something like the turbo.

I’m gonna try this - injured toe playing football a couple of weeks back, rested then played again and did ankle on other foor & it’s not getting any better :weary:

Skating has been okay if just rolling, not much else though (not too different to usual mind)

Being old x cold weather = this

2 Likes

Getting worried about the legitimacy of my advice now :smiley:

I just googled and you’re not supposed to do more than 10 days of ibuprofen really. There’s quite a few differing views out there too. Maybe you should ask your doctor too?

I kept getting the same symptoms a bit like you describe, but it was my ankle. I went to the docs, she said I should take a course of ibuprofen. Might have only been a week thinking about it. Anyway, it worked. Could have been placebo and it was just resting it that worked, but I feel like I’d been resting it beforehand and was getting nowhere.

Anyway, that was about four or five years ago and it was the last bad sprain I have had. Since recovering from that and keeping my activity levels up I’ve been all good!

2 Likes

It also slows down the healing process but does reduce the immediate pain.

Yeah I saw that when I was googling but I think that’s only wound healing not strains/sprains. Getting into ‘ask your doctor’ territory here though.

Do anti-inflammatories help healing?.

Each to their own. Just some putting some research out there.

That’s not research though, that’s an advertorial for a company that sells an App to fix sports injuries :smiley:

Thanks, I shall seek (actual) medical advice :grinning:

sddefault

4 Likes