Not Stoked.

Yeah totally, that was just the top hit on Google. There is many reports for both sides. I think you just have to work out what’s best for the individual as everyones body is different.

1 Like

Yeah I agree and usually I’m in the ‘no pills’ camp. I do think the best advice is to stay on top of your strength and diet and flexibility, but sometimes you just fuck yourself up and need to get out of it asap.

I had a knackered ankle for about ten years in my twenties from constantly skating on it. So hard to rest when you’re young, no car, skating/raving/working 7 days a week. It eventually healed and then I sprained it again five years ago or whatever it was, so I was extra conscious of getting it back to normal, hence the doctor visit.

It worked for me, and it was probably the right advice for me at the time but it’s good to be aware of all the options.

1 Like

Crypto…pretty sure that’s becoming the pyramid scheme of our time.

Bloke at work suggested I get into it, I’m not even into betting on the nags but I thought “£100 won’t hurt too much” - lost 60 quid of that in the last 8 weeks, I obviously got in right at the beginning of a slump.

Luckily i’m properly small fry, I think my neighbor’s in to the tune of about 10 to 20 grand so christ knows what he’s lost.

1 Like

Crypto is volatile as fuck so I dipped out about three years ago as I don’t have the nerve for it. Add on the prospect of losing wallet passwords and so on…eek. Bitcoin was roughly £3500 at the time…

Manager at my previous employer was in during the early days and cashed out about £20k before the first crash. Lucky git!

I don’t think the news coming from Eastern Europe is helping right now either.

The age old Schrödinger’s NFT question…

2 Likes

I own a total of 0 BTC but am a strong believer in it.

If you’re going to buy it you shouldn’t be looking at it like gambling at all and say “I’m down £60 the last 3 weeks.”

Hold onto it, things go up and down, I feel like it has a lot of potential to grow considerably, you just have to be patient.

I’m considering buying this current dip and holding on indefinitely.

6 Likes

How do you go about buying Bitcoin? Presumably there are brokers who you can go through, you don’t have to be farming your own?

Just download Coinbase app it’s dead easy.

3 Likes

I use/d Coinbase.

I CAN SEND YOU A LINK AND WE’LL BOTH GET £7 worth of crypto!!!11

I think (:man_shrugging:t3:) the mining days are over due to the cost of electric, graphics cards and good ol’ covid.

I tend to agree with Hugo but the volatility of puts me off.

3 Likes

Well that’s what’s put me off before because it feels like gambling so I’m just going to buy it and leave it so I don’t have to make any decisions.

Ethereum has done me the best the last few years.

Got rid of bitcoin and the only shitcoin I have is Doge just for lols

I’d keep the coin, write off the 100 quid and forget about it for a few years.

Use Coinbase Pro. Same company, slightly different interface but cheaper fees.

Few things to keep it stress free:
1)Start with a couple of £5-£10 purchases just to get the hang of things.
2)ONLY INVEST WHAT YOURE PREPARED TO LOSE! Accept that it has potential to be worth fuck all so only use some pocket money.
3)if you end up investing more than £500 get a hardware wallet. It’s basically a little keyring that can be plugged into a computer but means that your coins are 100% safe, and can’t go anywhere.
4) you’ll spend the first couple of weeks looking at the price going up and down every ten minutes lol. It’s fun at first and only human nature, but it can really take over your life. Try to forget about it and just check every few months (it’s much healthier).
5) the easiest, safest, low risk method is 'dollar cost averaging). Put some pocket money into it first to get going, then set an order for a purchase once a week (£10 or whatever), and just let it tick over. Trying to time the market is a mugs game :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hugo: that post wasn’t directed at you :slightly_smiling_face:
Just a generic heads up to anyone thinking of getting involved.

I personally feel that bitcoin can honestly make the world a better place (even if it does sound bollocks), and I fully back it, not just to make a few quid.
As I said earlier in the thread I’ve made a few quid (nothing life changing, just a bit of pocket money) and will probably continue to do so. I still have some magic Internet play money :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s literally only people who have invested in the last 6 months will have had their investments shrink. Every other investment from before then us up. To be honest, it’s a great time to get stuck in.

Just don’t shout at me, if you lose it. 🤷 :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I was looking at setting up my gaming PC to mine crypto as part of a pool while I’m working but never got round to it. When I actually play a game then it chucks out enough heat to noticeably increase the room temperature. So in theory I could use my PC as a room heater and any money at all which it generates would be profit. But only in winter.

Yeah I’ve done that and already integrated bank account etc.

Regular bank accounts are boring.

Might as well chuck a few quid into a complicated currency and watch it go up and down 19 times a day.

2 Likes

Payday and my ‘fuck it’ xmas spending isn’t looking so clever today.
Somebody pop round and show me this money farming bollocks.

5 Likes

Not even passed my test yet and car has broken. Not too crazy, only power steering went but still annoying that I might have to use recovery before I’m even legal to drive it properly.