Not Stoked.

Posting here since I think this was the thread that NFTs were discussed. Absolutely brilliant.

4 Likes

Ended up mixing concrete in a tarp or 5 hours on Saturday - the majority of which in the pissing rain.

Now my hands are fucked - dry, cracking, sore. Even though I had builders gloves on throughout.

I have used the best part of a tub of moisturiser on them already!
Any tips from labourers/grafters?

1 Like

O’Keeffe’s ‘Working Hands’ is magic.
put plasters over proper splits - keeps moisture trapped to soften the dry skin

3 Likes

Just had a job interview and thought of 3 things I should’ve said. I was also got nuclear purple in the face for some reason as well. So that was fun.

Don’t think I want it. Would be handling a 150k a month PPC budget. I think I’d die of stress.

1 Like

Savage, that’s a lot of money.

1 Like

Yeah it’s way too much.

I’d be shitting it on the daily, and I do that already with like 15-20k a month. I need to get better at conversion tracking.

Got Covid and my neighbour asked me if there is anything she can do to help. Deliveries, etc.

I said I was good and she told me to hit her up with anything as she is about.

Messaged her today saying I had a package at the post office which needed grabbing as I think it is about to be sent back. And that I really needed a single bin bag…that should tide me over.

She said it was no problem.
That was nine hours ago.
Post Office deffo closed.
Still need bin bag.
She lives 15 steps away (My daughter & I counted it last time we went over).

#firstworldproblems but…bit annoying. Need that delivery for work and the bin bag as I finally have time to clear out a shit load of old paper/artwork stuff.

Possble cabin fever making me irritable.

6 Likes

She got my package, a full roll of binbags and brought me chocolate.

I’m such an impatient arse.

22 Likes

Rant coming up

Daughter caught stomach virus a couple of days ago ended up puking all over my side of the bed over the pillow over the sheets over the duvet and it soaked through the mattress protector.

The one-year-old then caught it and projectile vomited in his cot last night

Only got 1 hour of sleep last night - was up the whole time as looks like I’ve caught the stomach bug. I was shitting water all the way through the night and today I’ve been really weak and stuck in bed

Rant over

6 Likes

How much does a new fence cost? :frowning_face:

I have no idea who owns it but our fence has basically blown into our neighbours garden. I guess it’s on us to fix it.

Just had a new bathroom done and then had to have a new boiler put in (for about 10k total) and now this. Ffs.

I’m in the same boat

Roughly 20metres of cheapo panel fence will probably be around £1400. Feather edge fence that looks decent and lasts probably more like £1600

Fuuuicking bollocks f7ucm. Sjbsbh haggah.

I’ve calmed down now. Fuck that is loads.

Worth checking who actually owns what fence.

Also it depends on what’s actually happened. If it’s just a few panels blown out but the posts are okay then it shouldn’t be anywhere near that much.

You know “left side owns the fence” is a lie right? There’s nothing in UK property law about who owns a fence. Whoever wants to fix it fixes it

The fence is rotten unfortunately so will need a nice new one.

The complication I have is that my neighbours rent it but the house has also been sold in the last 2 weeks so is in ownership limbo. I think this one is going to be on me :frowning_face:

You are usually responsible for one side (fence). It should be in the deeds to the house

I don’t think that’s a real thing here. Whoever pays the majority or total bill for a fence can choose which side it faces because they look better on one side

1 Like