Not Stoked.

This makes zero sense.

You either own it or you dont. Youre responsible if its your side, otherwise whoever rents it or bought it is. Mine is on the right hand side as you look out the backdoor

Well the current owner/landlord lives in Australia as far as I know and the people who bought the house had a fence up when they viewed it.

I’ll try and find my deeds but if the other side own it I’ll have to wait about 3 months before I can ask the new owners to pay for a new fence. I think I’m fucked on this one. Stupid wind.

Just tell them you’re happy to sort out the new fence as long they agree to your idea of having one with loads of big holes in it (to avoid future wind related problems), plastic palm trees at 1 meter intervals and multi coloured flashing lightbulbs along the top.

Not to keep going over it but why would you have to wait 3 months? If its theirs they fix it, if its yours you fix it. You’re adding steps

Because it takes about 3 months to complete on a house atm.

If it’s on their side that’s how long it will take until the owners move in and see that they’ve bought a new house with a fence on their garden.

Also if I had a baseball bat and Boris Johnson or a HP printer and I was only allowed one swing I genuinely don’t know which one I’d go for. I just want to scan something and here I am putting in the fucking postcode to make a whole fucking account and trying to recover my account and using special characters in my password and just fucking why why WHYY. FUCKING PRINTER BASTARDS.

cool wet grass cool wet grass.

They won’t complete if it hasn’t got a fence. I think he’ll fix it.

1 Like

Yeah. Can you just let the estate agent know about it?

2 Likes

@Les_Zeppelin got a full quote of £1250 for cheapo panel fence now. As you said, stupid wind

1 Like

Balls. :grimacing:

6 panels of mine went last year, was about £400 all in and one honking days graft to fix. Pretty sure we were able to reuse a couple of the old ones though

(disclaimer - if I had the money at the time I would 100% have got someone in)

1 Like

I feel like I am physically capable of rebuilding our fence but it’d look shit and blow down again next year

1 Like

I’ve used these successfully in the past…

Concrete-Spurs

They’re still holding strong after several years.

If it’s only the bottom of your posts that are rotten it could be a good option.

4 Likes

Did a load of this over lockdown, can confirm it’s well worth doing if the post is not rotten from the ground up .Much more cost effective too .

1 Like

Is there not usually an existing lump of concrete in the way?

1 Like

My friend who moved from Holland to France is now saying he’s got no rights in France for “assistance sociale” and wil be made homeless. He doesn’t seem to understand the laws. Bit of a random one, but has anyone got a better grasp than me of the laws over there and how they have changed recently?

Yeah, had to dig it out first

Great laugh

+1

Can confirm I slept well that night.

A wrecking bar makes the job a lot easier, or if not, a chisel and sledge hammer.

2 Likes

Depends on how it was put in. But that’s why you dig one side out and then sledge hammer and chisel point bar half the concrete out like deegwaad said .
It’s tough knackering work for sure , so depends how much you want to save and do it yourself.