Not Stoked.

Yeah, I try and get someone else to do stuff like that if at all possible. My physique doesn’t lend itself to literal groundwork, legs like a footballer but with computer arms.

1 Like

I got some fencing and a gate done last summer - probably 7/8 metres of fencing, posts bolted into existing wall, gate post added + gate - cost me £770 but the guy was an UTTER twat who turned up at 10pm to drill holes in brickwork by torchlight like an absolute bellend.
Reckon it’d be more expensive now though

3 Likes

Oh man, Mark Lanegan RIP

1 Like

I read his book “Sing Backwards and Weep” last year - possibly the best book about the downsides of rock and drugs I’ve ever read. The Liam Gallagher story is worth the purchase price alone.

Looks like it’s going to be Mark Lanegan day for me today

1 Like
3 Likes

Fucking gutted about Mark Lanegan. ‘Bubblegum’ was that album I’d play on full blast on the walk home from a drunken night out back in the day.

Still incredible to this day.

:broken_heart:

Was completely free today plus the whole weekend as my girlfriend is busy and the weather is great and I had planned on skating and drawing loads but I got the shits and am feeling really weak. Lost 2 kilos in 24 hours I think. Oh well, I could have a broken leg or be in Ukraine, I suppose I shouldn’t complain. :sweat: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed it’s a 24 hour bug, get well soon :+1:

Feel better soon @franc

Thank you gents. Managed to go to the pharmacy and got some Imodium, hopefully that’ll help.

2 Likes

This is the content we have been missing on this forum. Keep the updates coming Franc :grin:

Do you want footage?

2 Likes

1 Like

Broke my toe. Its been a few years since I last broke anything and Id forgotten how much it sucks

Had a stupidly gnarly experience yesterday evening. The police started taking a battering ram to my door, unannounced, whilst I was watching the football! They were responding to a suspected kidnapping and got the wrong address. It was a neighbouring house, two doors down, where this was all happening.

They left me with a hole in my front door and what looks like a complex process of claiming for damages ahead. Total incompetence.

17 Likes

What the actual fuck. What did they say, just sorry? And then left?

1 Like

Fucking hell, did they realise their mistake before you were face down on the floor?

1 Like

Not even a sorry. One officer did sort of check if I was alright afterwards, but it was a shit, blokey “You can get back to watching the game!” sort of exchange.

They sent round a repair man to board up the hole in the door. But the landlord has to pay for this and then claim it back from the police, as well as replacing the door. Hopefully she gets the money back.

2 Likes

Not face down but they did point a taser at me and tell me to put my hands in the air!

They were all so pumped full of adrenaline - the force of the ram smashed the inside handle off of the door, which I picked up and one officer shouted ‘He’s got something in his hands!’ I had to then drop the handle and reach through the hole in the door to open it from the outside! So fucking lame.

4 Likes

Tell them you’re too scared to stay at home, and also too scared to leave the house. Fucking rinse them.

9 Likes