Not Stoked.

Just knocked a whole cup of tea across my desk. External keyboard took the brunt of it…

1 Like

Not me but for my brother in south London,
so a warning to you all,
5 mins after he left the house ( in a block of connected houses next to blackheath) some utter scumbag ripped and stole all the gas pipes off his wall leaving gas pissing out till the neighbour found it and called the emergency services .

Thank fuck it was dealt with in time before something horrific could have happened.

So please be aware of this and keep an eye out . This is insanity and seriously desperation on the thieves part .

Madness

Jesus! Not heard of that before.

Same here

Absolute insanity…

Wtf. What’s the aim of doing that???

Oh like he stole it for the pipe. That’s crazy.

for the scrap? madness

Worded the OP better , still can’t believe it . For a bit of fucking copper that’s a few quid

1 Like

Semi related, I had no realisation about how common catalytic converter theft was until our local village started having it constantly. Apparently certain makes of car have really valuable metals in the converter and you can steal the whole thing in minutes with an angle grinder

Seems to be a weekly thing here

Had a few go missing at the local hospital and mid-covid would you believe. Shitheads.

Many different kinds of theft have really increased since covid first hit from my experience. I’ve just got to hope the catalytic converter on my car is annoying to steal, there aren’t any pipes to steal from my flat from what I can tell!

@Londonskater has had the pleasure of having his cat nicked iirc

1 Like

Honda Jazz is a common one that gets pinched.

Yeah, I had this awful work meeting where I took someone for lunch and had to lay it on the line as to how much they were blowing it, etc.
Really hard one.
Walked out feeling crappy, started my car and it was so loud. And it wouldn’t drive at more than about 3mph.

Called the AA and he took one look underneath and said “Your cats been nicked”
The just pull up in a van, cut either end of the pipe, load it in and go.

Michael Fabricants.
Such a shit day.

It is because it has platinum in there.

The worst bit is that they cut on the outer side of the joining brackets, meaning it keeps the cat intact but damages your front and rear pipe.
So, you have to buy a complete exhaust system and not just one part.

Michael Fabricants.

3 Likes

I thought you meant an actual cat

9 Likes

The only 3 petrol stations anywhere near us have no petrol. Wife is currently miles away looking for an open one and running on fumes.

Guess this is down to even more panic buying? I see the average petrol price is very nearly £1.60 now :grimacing:

Down to a 1/4 tank in the bimmer. Cost £92 to fill a few weeks back, dreading next fill up!

Im trying to justify it by getting more Amex and Nectar points…

1 Like

One of them was closed because it was a building site so that had a knock on effect for the other two I guess. That leaves 2 petrol stations to serve a town full of commuters so even a whiff of panic buying will fuck everything up.

She made it anyway. Found a place miles away. Over £75 to fill it up. Up from around £60 a few days ago.

1 Like