Not Stoked.

Ordered my guitar parts and a wall mounting bracket for the gym shed space.
That’s a few tinkering jobs that will fill a little time when they arrive.

1 Like

Weighing up some air pods.
Would be handy, but in this economy!?

Do not do it, they suck and you will look like a Uber eats driver who wears them 24/7 like pat butcher earrings

4 Likes

Ha, I know.
What’s the alternative?
Need them for running.

How far can you walk around the house away from your computer, phone in them?

2 Likes

what did people do before headphones? they just ran/jogged and dealt with their unwanted thoughts

1 Like

Headsets

3 Likes

This is what I’ve been doing!
And it’s good, but fucking hell I need a breather.

I’m not sure how people do stuff enclosed in headphones / earphones.
I like to be able to hear what’s happening around me and be aware of my surroundings.

Someone sent me an audio file on whatsapp which is a Billie Eilish song made with something called Pentatonix which records it in 8D, whatever that is. Apparently there are playlists on Spotify full of other tracks also recorded this way if you search for ‘8D’. Anyway, try and find the file, put on your best headphones, make sure no one is going to interrupt, and listen for about 5 minutes. It’s fucking amazing. It’s like the music is coming from inside your head and moving round in your brain, not coming in through through ears. If they ever build this into the cinema experience somehow it’ll blow minds.

It’s her brother who produces her stuff.
I don’t know much about her, my Mrs recently drew my attention to one particular track that she finds ear catching.
It’s all about placement of sound and can be achieved in only stereo if done properly. A decent pair of headphones are aboviously better than an open stereo pair of speakers for this to work.

Her brother does everything. He’ll be the next Mark Ronson that dude.

I just thought it was proper clever. Try it out and then imagine having some headphones in a cinema and hearing all the dialogue and music that way, like hearing all the voices around you like you’re in the room with them. It’s like what VR does for eyes, this does sound for ears. Proper clever shit.

I guess this is like Dolby Atmos

That guy is a very good musician. Love him or hate him.
Guilty pleasure tune of late has to be Miley Cyrus with Ronson.
His production with her country slant worked.
Props to him for being able to cover all musical genres and doing them well.

Yeah I think so except this doesn’t need any fancy soundbars etc, it’ll do it over some headphones out your phone or whatever

It just sounds like someone is holding a speaker about 4 inches behind my head and moving it slowly left to right over and over.

1 Like

It sounds and feels unreal when you’re stoned , could have it on repeat for ages. Would be great for VR gaming

If you’ve got someone who’ll do that for you, that’s probably cheaper

1 Like

On furlough, this is going to suck balls.

Text the landlord, better call everyone else and try and get some discount from bills.