Not Stoked.

Try and wrangle the other 20% off your boss in return of doing a little bit of work through out, like a day or something a week. Not suppose to work on furlough but if it gets full pay for a like 4 days a month it’s a win. If not, tell him to suck it and call you in a few months.

Tell him the website will break or something technical if not. Lay it on like you are doing him a favour.

2 Likes

Tried, no dice. I’m going to offer my landlord £600 instead of £825 (One bed flat FYI, mental!)

Always lowball first

Lowball is £500, but I don’t want to be a prick, we are all in this.

Shouldn’t really give this advice, I’m a landlord myself, if my tenants stop paying me I’m fucked

Where are they based?

My landlords are a private retired couple. Hoping that plays in my favour, although my Mum told me she lost £40k this week in investment pension etc.

Yeah my pension is down 15%. They’re in London and essex

Just be nice to them man if they have any problems. I’m trying my best to pay as much as I can. I have little man to look after every day now – will be hectic.

Yeah I’d explain position and ask to work something out

What would you say if I offered you 75% of the rent?

Guy who co owns the freehold and management company with me accepted 80% and no management fees for 3 months

I’ve prepped myself for 6 month @ £0 so I’d bite your hand off

I bet they would do 50% for a fixed time, even more so if they own it outright

1 Like

Also it depends on whether they are expecting the rent to be paid in full at a later date, like deferring the payment.

Rental market has gone to shit, they’d be mad to kick you out and try to get new tenant

This

Arrears?

Get in touch sooner rather than later Ned. They may not have been warned or aware this could happen, it may need time to sink in. Don’t Wade in with an offer straight off the bat, neither of you are going to benefit from coronavirus situation. Open up the communications channel but have an idea of what you can comfortably afford.

This is not an opportunity for ‘free rent’ or a price gouge, they may be relying on rental income to pay their bills or mortgage

1 Like

Cut price now, pay them back later when you can afford it

1 Like

I don’t want to fuck anyone over hence why £600 is what I can afford.

Just don’t know how to pay them back, no savings, and I won’t get my wages back.

Have messaged them today.

2 Likes

They won’t accept a discount, saying there is no help for private landlords.

My take home pay is £1500 now. My rent is £825, £100 council tax, £100 car insurance and tax, £84 credit card, £40 electric, Water £20ish a month, £20internet, £60 to my partner, £65 phone. £30 bank. Leaves me with just over £100 to eat and live.

What do I do now? I know I can pay them nothing legally, and not be evicted for 3 months.