Not Stoked.

100% – I need somewhere bigger as me and the Mrs are back living together after last years debacle.

2 Likes

No offence to any landlords on here, but landlords are the last people I’m worried about right now.

Everyone’s gonna struggle for a while… At least they have a property to sell at the end of it if they need it.

2 Likes

Good luck selling anything in this market, no one is going to put down a deposit when no one knows what future holds, cash is king right now

That’s why I said “at the end of it” :wink: … But I know what you mean.

I’m not trying to minimise anyones struggle btw, everyone is screwed but I’d rather be a struggling landlord than a struggling tenant worried about getting turfed out or sued.

I’m not one of those people who think landlords are evil (like 99% of reddit does) but I think to a lot of landlords the house is a business/financial asset, to the tenant it’s home and security. That said, if neddy’s landlords are relying on rent payments to get by, it sucks. But really Neddy can only think about his own financial situation and not about others. None of this is any one person’s fault and we all have to take responsibility for our own financial choices.

1 Like

I literally just put an offer on a house today because I’m probably a bit nuts.

2 Likes

Will here back later today – have acknowledged my message from this morning.

Its not their fault Snurp, why I want to pay as much as poss.

Are you selling one too? If not I think I’d be hanging fire just in case the housing market crashes.

Ned you literally don’t have to pay your rent if you can’t afford it and if your landlords are mortgaged on the property they can take a mortgage holiday if you are paying less or no rent.

If they’re not mortgaged on the property but it’s their income because they’re old boomers or whatever then they should at least be understanding and accept less. Otherwise major cunts.

2 Likes

Did they give any reasons why?

That’s a rather odd one, that.

That sounds like an error in the system type thing.

I did have a problem insuring a car once as they said it wasn’t worth what I paid for it. Yet it was under the average price on auto trader, they did sort it right away on the phone.

I bet they are not taking phone calls now though are they

I did six weeks working selling car insurance (not actually selling any) between jobs, although four weeks of that was the training. There are some really weird things that can change a premium, like if you tell them a lower annual mileage you’ll get charged more because it presumes you aren’t very confident. Definitely never say on your insurance that you work in music or sport (if you work in music or sport), think of another way to describe it, because it’ll think you’re going to have Taylor Swift or Ronaldo in the passenger seat and the payout if you fucked those people up would be astronomical. The only thing you can’t fuck with is whether it’s parked on the street or not, and hiring a lock-up in a different postcode probably wouldn’t cancel out the expense.

It helps to have a second driver on the policy too, assuming they’ve got their full no claims, but people sticking their old mum on it gets spotted and your policy can get cancelled for that if it’s not easily explainable.

That’s about as much as I remember.

1 Like

Try Confused.com where you can compare a shit ton of insurers, saved me hundreds in the past.

With no changes to your details? Are you insuring at the new address? My Admiral policy went up this year too, but I’m lazy so I left it. Called them up with the usual, “Yeah I’ve got a better deal elsewhere, so please cancel this”, y’know, so they give you a better deal, and the guy went, “Well this is as low as we can go so if you’ve got a better price you should go with that”. Had to hastily ask for it to not be cancelled as a result.

Does anyone remember bitd when you had to simply phone up insurers, every year calling 5 or 6 and saying the same info over and over and over, would take you a couple days, aaaaaaah happy days.

Remember when I had my first Jap import late 90s, premium inexplicably doubled after first year despite nothing changing. Bastards.

Hastings direct, I saved £200 with them as my old insurance Aviva kept upping every year for multi car. That includes business use.
Admiral and elephant couldn’t mach aviva , they’ve never been that cheap

Just left mine to auto renew. It runs out on the 4th. I did try calling but with minmum staffing I didn’t fancy waiting hours on hold for £4 a month more thenast year. Just have to take the hit

You don’t check with confused or somewhere every year?

First thing I do is comparison sites, change every year because the prices always fluctuate as well.

I do sometimes ring and run through some details as well - that one can sometimes make it even more cheaper.

Then again I’m 25 and been driving since I was 19. My first cheapest quote was £2,100 on a Peugeot 106.

Blimey.

1 Like