Not Stoked.

The shared car came up for renewal and I asked how with no incidents and an additional year of no claims does it go up.
“let me check if we can get you a discount, sir…”

Ended up agreeing to renew at exactly the same cost.

Updating a work website for my dad. Huge amounts of copy no-one will read, crap images nicked off Google, committee agreement required for every change. Raaaad.

At least I’ve got some work so I should be grateful.

2 Likes

canva.com

This is your friend. The amount of free images has reduced quite a bit but there’s still usually something for everyone.

2 Likes

Also Pexels is pretty good. And Pixabay. There are other free stock sites too.

1 Like

Fuck that’s bad timing ! Man have you got a back up DVD player ?

We should start up a forum blockbuster style DVD exchange for this type of problem .

If anyone has any destined for the charity shop or in the back of a cupboard then let’s see who wants them.

1 Like

Dunno what I’ve got that’s kid friendly but I can probably bang a few in the post…

Set your phone up as internet hotspot?

Wasn’t like this when I were a lad. No internet, jumpers for goalposts, etc etc

Might be able to order a 4G hotspot/router for a couple weeks. If you return it within 2 weeks they got to accept it back iirc and you can cancel any contract etc

1 Like

Nice one, have had a chat and it’s looking better now.

https://shop.bt.com/products/ee-4gee-router-hh70-F5K7.html?utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=ZA00&awaid=3043&utm_source=redbrain&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=css&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsb34jo3M6AIVQcreCh1o4gApEAQYBCABEgJNOfD_BwE00&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=ZA00&awc=3043_1585911621_e6a441c622cd1ff333ae241d9bbf5388

We use this for guests in the office and it’s perfect.

I can drop off a bunch of Studio Ghibli DVDs!

3 Likes

Went for a (short) bike ride yesterday. Was pulling up my jacket cuff to look at my watch, turned the bars too sharply and ate shit. Woke up with a massive hipper.

I’ve heard losing your sense of taste and smell is the first tell-tale sign. Otherwise, you could easily be overthinking it - like you said, crap sleep, general stress, etc.

1 Like

Can you get tested?

No, only if you’re in the UK, depends what country you’re in. Wife got tested on Thursday as she had some symptoms, Dr told her to go, results back in the morning, all clear. Turns out it was just exhaustion.

And @anon86856945 is in Brussels now, right?

Just changed the tyres on my MTB and broke my favourite tyre lever. I’ve had it for about fifteen years, I’m genuinely gutted.

We just cancelled ours, fucking hated it. New tv has way more options for free. Only thing I will miss is the sky arts portrait artist of the year.

Sorry @anon83623327 only just seen this. DM me on FB or here next time and if there is anything I can do to help or advise you I’m there.