Not Stoked.

Saw a seagull out the window. This is good, 'cos I promised my brother a while back I’d try and get him a photo of a seagull.

Grabbed my camera, stuck a big lens on it and leaned out the window to shoot. Took a couple of shots, both blurry.

Remembered it’s because the auto focus on that body (which I bought to replace an old body with borked auto focus) is borked, and it’s too late to do anything about it.

Bah.

Are they an endangered species or a culinary delicacy in your brother’s part of the world?

1 Like

Send to your brother the pics anyway.
Label as ‘couldn’t see gull’.

I got a decent shot anyway using live view, phew.

He’s making (I think) a zine based around the book Jonathan Livingstone Seagull. They’re definitely not endangered round our way.

Back at work after 4 months furloughed. This is quite the adjustment, had some of the funnest months of my life during these strange times.

Stoked to have a job to go back to though!

1 Like

Fuck I wish I was back at work.

Guaranteed 80% till end of Ooctober and see what happens. I will be pissed if I don’t go back – what my colleague and I did kept stuff coming in.

This should be in the stoked thread @Tony_Waffles had the worst 4 months of my life.

Started putting feelers out there just in case. No mention of redundancies but shall see.

Really trying to read a lot about not predicting and thinking too far ahead. GSP book is good. Not working I guess.

I’m feeling beat up too, but that’s down to just being a complete lazy shit and eating biscuits. I need to get into some routine of at least moving but i’m too lazy right now.
Edit: not suggesting you’re lazy like me :wink:

Fully understandable that you’ve been hit with this, holy shit. You can’t even think about it though, let alone let it weigh you down. Keep keeping your head up man, this’ll pass.

Made redundant - basically. Have a consultation next week.

Have a job interview next Tuesday but my anxiety is so fucked don’t know if I will be able to go.

Had enough.

That sucks, UK Skate family are here for you neddy. Anything we can do to help? Even if it’s just chat

Sorry man. I’m in the same boat.

Make sure you get every penny you’re owed and try and get paid in lieu of notice so you can get a new job asap.

Good luck.

It isn’t the worst time to be made redundant, at least. There’s gonna need to be a lot of help rolled out soon. When furlough ends at the end of October it’s going to be devastation.

Ah Neddy, that sucks. Will call you in a bit.

Don’t think you’re being unreasonable at all. We just sacked off our brother in laws 40th as he insisted on going to France for it. Fuck that. My mums 70th ended up being 8 of us sat apart in my back garden. Not ideal but needs must.
Is there no option to just say no or is it too late?

Do what’s best for you and your family. Your wife is going through the absolute ringer at the moment, not to mention your bad back, recent move, dropping kids off, etc. Obviously it’s cool to have a trip to see friends for a big birthday and whatnot, but, jesus, chemo pretty much trumps everything. All that is a complete logisitcal nightmare for you, and it sounds like you’d really prefer to avoid it, so then sack it off. If birthday boy/girl is whinging that you guys are having a ballache getting there, nevermind the health complications, then sack them off. Fuck that shit.

2 Likes

Redundancy should give you a payoff, right?
Plus you have an interview, fuck yeah, that’s rad… That’s should be a big confidence boost in itself. Get on it fella! There’s not a chance in hell you’d be called in for an interview if they didn’t think you could do the job. Go there and smash it - you miss all of the shots you don’t take.

6 Likes

It’s too goddamn hot.

My flat is like a sauna. I hate summer

Stupid conservatory. Red hot on hot days and freezing for the rest of the year.

1 Like

I remember in Melbourne around time that Cards AND Rodney Clarke got paralysed the thermometer in the living room would only go up to 50 and it maxed out, there was one fan in middle of room and there was nothing else to do except to get baked and sit there synchronised with everyone else trying to get as much fan time as possible, it was hell

Nice multiple ballbag in there CMOAC

2 Likes

I used to see Rodney quite a lot at Pioneer years back, I had no idea he had broken his neck.