Not Stoked.

It was 50 when I was in Dubai, but that place isn’t really built for you being outside, so you’d never know.

A friend who goes to Dubai a lot says the AC everywhere is proper horrible still.

My ex used to go to Dubai on work trips and from what she told me it honestly sounds like absolute hell.

I’ve just moved my computer into the bathroom via a long extension lead as it’s the coolest place in the flat and I’m on a work deadline and it’s too hot to think anywhere else

I was going back and forth to Dubai one week of every 3 for most of last year. It’s 50 degrees everywhere so the only activities you can do have to be planned around AC. Most people just hang out at the mall. Not for me.

Even the bus stops have AC

And the malls have carpets comfier to lie on than my bed at home.

Dubai is just for people who think money is the most important thing in the world.
I imagine.

4 Likes

My friend got invited to this thing, it was some a massive indoors place (bigger than the 02) with fireworks, dancing horses, state of the art lights and projections of dragons and shit, and 100s and 100s of performers, ect. It looked like it cost half a mil to put on each showing. The hosts weren’t best pleased when they described it as ‘a bit like the circus back home’ … proper Karl Pilkington thing to say, haha.

Sounds like a restaurant we went to for lunch out there. Kim Karadshian was there but this was maybe 2012 so I don’t know if she was famous then.

It’s definitely for flash showy people who care about money.

1 Like

50 degrees when I was in India. Didn’t have AC, too hot outside and kept having to have cold showers every half hour or so.

Dubai: Hugo no for me.
But I imagine a Hugo yes for him.

3 Likes

ha

Anyone been to Singapore? Went on family hol in about 2000 and skated but because of the heat it’s best to go after midnight. And because of all the skyscrapers there’s no wind to cool you down. So guess what? You have to skate in circles to generate the wind to cool yourself down. Mental.

Singapore is fucked, 100% humidity. I rolled a cigarette and it wouldn’t light and felt damp. Instant sweat box

Philippines is ridiculously hot too.
There’s a place called Baguio where many people tend to spend their staycations.
It’s notorious for being up on higher ground and about the coolest place in the country.
While everywhere is a sizzling high 30’s it can be about 27 28 up there.
It’s one place where I saw the most skate activity during my times there in a little plaza, not specifically a skate plaza, but flat open space near a park where they’d crafted some ledges etc

Na not at all for me, last place I wanna go.

If I want to go somewhere hot with a posh hotel I’ll choose the Bahamas.

Hottest place I’ve been is Afghanistan. Similar thing I had a alarm clock with thermometer on it. Over 50 degrees it just went blank. You got used to it, but when you’re wearing body armour etc you just feel like you’re swearing from every pore on your body. At night you can’t sleep because it isn’t that much cooler. In Bastion there was air con, but at all the PBs etc there wasn’t any.

Isn’t everybody completely fucked the whole time?

Damn man that sounds crazy. You say you get used to it but surely doing military exercises in combat fatigues is going to fuck you up in that temperature?

I was based in Bastion and went to different locations and came back and forth, so I got my fair share of air con WiFi etc. I felt sorry for everyone who spent 6 months in a PB or a CP because they are even smaller and less facilities. We would do things like PT in the morning when it’s cooler. They made their own bottled water, so it was always on hand where ever you went. And there would slazenger powdered isotonic drinks so you’d make those up to. When you’re in camp it’s normally just shorts and flip flops the whole time. If you’re on stag etc then you’re in kit, body armour etc. In Bastion you had to wear uniform around camp. You do get used to it, you get 2 weeks R and R so when you come back it’s a bit of a shock to the system.

2 Likes

We fried eggs on the bonnet of a car in Israel in 44 degree heat. Eggs forever. :sunglasses:

Went for a skate outside, 2nd time in about 2 years, had much fun, split trousers (again) KeithBeef sorted out a pair for me, had more fun skating, saw some old faces. Stoked.
Played drums for half hour when I got back to warm down.

Now I can’t move my Hip. For years I have gone on and on about my right leg and knee and I still don’t know what’s up with it but it seems that it’s getting worse in the spread areas. Hip is so tight that I can’t put socks on today. How the fuck do I find out the culprit if I have pain in numerous different places on that leg all at different times?