Not Stoked.

You probably have one specific pain point, and your body is protecting it by stressing the other parts of your leg. It’s probably all that original problem but it’s put your whole body geometry out of whack. That’s what usually happens in my experience. Speak to a decent physio

2 Likes

exactly. Last year I was seeing a really good lady who works with that AIM approach. It was really helping and I was learning and having my body ideas confirmed in such a way it made sense. But there are so many issues all entangled together that we didn’t get to the route yet. I still do the moves I can remember and they help but just before Christmas I bruised my ribs, right where I broke them so stopped going for a bit and then the pandemic hit and I obviously haven’t been able to go see her.
I can’t wait to get back on it. Just not stoked about it progressing when I do the things I love.

Like Spanky said its probably mainly from one specific area, but ive found that because its been that way fro a while then you probably need to sort all kinds of stuff out now (thats how it is for me anyway).
Start with the soles of your feet and work ankles, calves up to glutes and lower back.
I was seeing a woman about range of movement, and i asked about fixing my round shoulders (had terrible posture for years) and she said you need to start with your feet first and work upwards.

Absolutely! I have had to do loads of stuff foot and ankle wise. She saw lots of odd things going on. The bottom of my tibia, fibula are not fused as such but have conditioned themselves to not move independently, so my ankle faces outwards and the twist is forced onto my knee. This in turn is probably passed onto my hips now.
The first issue I can ever remember with this leg is a random muscle hernia type bubble on the side of my leg, which if you press feels like a hollow chasm between muscles.

1 Like

Who would have thought that Tories were heartless fuckers.

4 Likes

Pretty telling overlap between Tory and leave voters there. Any idea that Brexit was about anything more than xenophobia out the window. I mean we knew that from the start, but it’s interesting to see it in graphs.

1 Like

The same people shouting all lives matter last month :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I just don’t get it. It’s like some people just don’t have any empathy. They don’t see the people in the boats and imagine even for a fleeting moment themselves and their families in the horror of that situation.

1 Like

If you don’t have any sympathy then you’re just a complete arsehole, that said, it makes me wonder if people in France have even less sympathy in general?

These people have empathy, they cry about things they see, things that give them all the information they need to form an emotion. They just cannot emote over things they can not comprehend. Like the numbers of people dying from corona virus “Oh it’s only 350 today, the numbers are going down, we’ll all be in the pub next week”.

They have feelings just these people haven’t had enough experience of life to have a mind deeper than a puddle at the village bus shelter.

2 Likes

And just like that we have lockdown again in NZ. Currently no link to quarantine sites so even more concerning that it’s just appeared again after 101 days of no community transmission. 3 days lockdown at the moment in this region but given this has been given time to spread it’s going to probably end up another 3 weeks lockdown. Fuck.

Yup. 4 people in a family tested positive = 1 and a half million folks locked down.
Bit bonkers.

Sad to hear. They had been such a success story as well and I guess we’d all assumed they’d be free of it forever and they were free to move forward but alas.

Hell is other people’s music being played loudly out their window.

And I can’t close my windows because it’s too hot

If it’s longer than 3 days or we go to level 4 it would be tough again but they have to find out how it was transmitted first. There was always the issue of returning people in quarantine at hotels testing positive and the potential for transmission but this doesn’t seem linked to any of that.

There’s been speculation that it could have arrived amongst freight.

Doctors tomorrow…knee gone weird again. Feels exactly the same as five years ago, which was a torn meniscus.

Stoked. :confused:

:sob:

1 Like

Our lockdown spot has been, well, locked down.

Went out for a cruise last night round the uni campus down the road and got pulled up by one of the maintenance / security guys. In fairness it was the most chilled altercation ever.

Him: sorry mate, you can’t skate in here any more.
Me: oh, fair enough. Is that just the car park or the whole campus?
Him: you’re fine if you’re just passing through, it’s just if you’re doing tricks. We’re liable if you hurt yourself, and there’s been some damage done.
Me: that’s fair enough chief. I don’t really do tricks any more anyway, getting too old for that!

We then had a nice chat about how he’d never managed to get the hang of skating and I just liked rolling around when I had a free half hour or so. He did say he didn’t often see anyone my age skating. I was a bit offended.

Then I went off on my merry way, had a nice skate round the campus and went home to watch telly.

This could almost go in Stoked! but it is a shame for the kids that used to session there a fair bit. But on the other hand I’m surprised they didn’t clamp down sooner.