On / Of

Sounds like a while from Slap. Some interesting responses on there, I quite like the graphics and would skate a Maite board 100%, she fucking rips.

I thought it was the other way round, if you have nowhere to go you go to Element

1 Like

I don’t know much/anything about Element, but I figured it was so big that you’d sign up and just watch the money roll in while Nige and Bam take care of board sales.

1 Like

I love it when I see a bunch of graphics and I think ‘these are great!’ and then you read the comments and you’re the only one.
Fuck it, I’m getting one of these shits.
Who’s the distro going to be?

Don’t know I want a Maite board I know that.

Talk of Numbers finally being done, Koston to skate mental (me neither) guy prob to hockey but be interested to see where durao ends up.
Kyron too but more than likely that’ll be Isle.

Sadly I could picture Koston on Skate Mental. I wonder where Tx will end up?

Pretty mad to think that even with the money and right riders, it’s still hard to resonate with people in a way in which you can sell boards to keep afloat. There are some dogshit companies that kill it and numbers ain’t even that bad. Maybe they expected more of an initial boom and success?

4 Likes

It would be nice to see some Durao footage, he’s rad to watch.

Kyron to Isle please!

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Numbers board since their first run. Couldn’t even attempt to describe their art direction.

Are they even sold in the UK?

Definitely. A documentary about how that went wrong would be interesting. Makes me wonder how April is doing.

11 Instagram posts since July? Wow.

Numbers was so shit. Surprised it lasted this long.

:grimacing:

Hahahhaa

Mason Silva quit Element a while back. Doing alright since. Same for Lucien Clarke back in the naughties.

They always seemed like a poisoned chalice of a company since 2007 or so when they wanted their riders to dump the Nike/Emerica/DC/Carharrt/Volcom/etc. deals for head to to in Element garb and boards.
If you knew nothing about them as a company, their wide range of product is of good quality, they (seem to) look after their riders well with payment, gear, boards, travel budget and all that - they are definitely a mainstream, first-stop brand for anybody who’s dipping their toe into skateboarding and the reaction of many when they hear that new guy is on Element is of indifference to the company as a whole, but “yeah nice one” for the guy getting paid by them.

Some Numbers boards look ok, I’ll give them that. But as for dogshit companies, Frog Skateboards just annoy me and despite the rad skating in their videos, Pizza are terrible too. Similarly, I like Magenta’s boards and graphics, but can’t stand their videos and most of their team - looking at you Leo Valls.

1 Like

Lucien was cut from Element. He didn’t quit, despite a couple of people rewriting history on that one.

1 Like

Ah, right. I stand corrected.

They cut Lucien, haha. That was fucking dumb.

Always remember this DVS vid, 7mins for Lucien.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IF7TbnNwTYY