On / Of

Has he had a part since Album?
Even Album was shared.

I actually can’t think of any full parts he has had aside from Almost Round 3.

…which was 18 years ago. ha ha ha. Fucking hell…

2 Likes

Isn’t this just the debate they’re having over on Slap? Aren’t people here just saying that he’s more legit than he once was and skates well?

Whether he still can be considered a top pro producing loads of content and parts would be a totally different question.

1 Like

This was what I meant

1 Like

Feels like everyone would like to consider Shecks legit in theory - he seems sound, he can go gnarly and he hasn’t really kooked it as an adult. But in reality, he relied too much on being a contest skater for most of his career and between injuries and having a shitty board sponsor that never put anything out, he’s never really been able to prove himself.

That and claiming El Toro…

2 Likes

Except for doing next to nothing for the 15 years since

1 Like

Also not quite fair and he arguably earned his place in semi-retirement anyway. The goofing around persona in most of the footage from that period though has made him almost unwatchable.

Didn’t say he didn’t earn it or that I expected any more from him, but the idea that he was nowhere near taking a backseat from that point is nonsense

Yeah, Koston is a social media kook and what appears to be a bit of a selfish brian cant, but in terms of skating he has nothing to prove.

He had a Nike part in the last Chronicles video from 2015 and to be fair, it was a good part - albeit less progressive than his previous parts.

I’m not sure he is a great comparison to someone like Sheckler as Koston throughout his best years was always aligned with cool shit and hid the kookiness well.

I think you need someone a bit more marmite to compare Sheckler to.

2 Likes

He was still doing shit. Beauty and the Beast tours, Battle Commander, Nike SB Chronicles part. It was only in the 2010s he noticeably started to slow down. He was more productive then than Sheckler is now!

You have to compare him to other skaters of a similar ilk. What’s your opinion on Chris Cole, for example? I’d value Sheckler way higher than him. 10 or 15 years ago? Definitely not. Comparing him to Koston is like apples and oranges.

Sheckler brought big motocross energy to skateboarding. It’s a no from me.

If you put Dyrdek and Ryan Decenzo in a blender with a tattoo sheet you’d get Sheckler juice.

2 Likes

Oh god it’s still going on.

3 Likes

This is what the internet was built for.

He certainly got away with some stinking looking tricks down the years and one of the most cringeworthy fashion change ups ever seen. Also, is cobra a nickname he chose for himself?

1 Like

Ive long maintained Id rather read a list of the tricks hes done than have to watch him do them

2 Likes

What actually happened with the El Toro backside flip thing? Did he claim he had done it? If he wrote a cheque he couldn’t cash then I guess it makes sense that was the point where his relevance dipped irreversibly.

I think he said to Jake Phelps that he had done it, and then other excuses etc. And no footage of him doing it came out.

I ended up liking Sheckler at the end. He had a mini series sponsored by red bull on YouTube and came across well in that.

He’s just a Cali skate rat who grew up at woodward and made a career out of going big.

3 Likes

Ah that’s the story is it? Yeah it’s one thing making big claims and not following through but telling the Thrasher ed you’ve done something you haven’t is gonna get you canceled :sweat_smile:

Told Phelps he did it.

No footy ever came out of a make but tbf there were some attempts at the end of the Plan B vid (But that footy is clearly well after his claim).

1 Like