Penny

He looks ‘healthier’ or something. I can’t pinpoint it either.

Is his body age and acid reflux keeping him of the booze like it does for many of us in our 40’s?

Maybe I’m wrong but to me he just looks like someone who has been skating a lot more. I reckon skating does more for your skating than shoes or yoga.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Perfect.

Another one Theo Hand on Instagram: "Backside No grind.Just a lil' casual cruise. @tompenny #theohandphoto"

Jamiroquai without the hat is one of my favourite Penny looks. Perfect skating once again.

I know this is the Penny thread, but I just want to take this opportunity to say that although it’s deeply uncool to like Jamiroquai, Just Another Story off Return of the Space Cowboy is a fucking banger.

It’s got movements, every movement has a neck breaking groove, Stuart Zender is a G, the Rhodes sounds gully as fuck, the horns are badass, the drums are amazing. Even the fucking flute solo slams. It’s an expertly crafted composition that is so good I can even forgive the english white boy american accent rap. I’ll defend it to the death.

Now back to the Penny chat.

2 Likes

I think Jamiroquai is my least favourite music out of all music ever.

4 Likes

Yeah well that’s just… like… your opinion, man

2 Likes

Had a guy come into my old work one time asking for a lad he’d heard on the radio, a lad called Jim McKaye. Very good, apparently. Cracking voice.

Never heard of him. Sounds local though… After going through every book available, and asking everybody around, the guy offered to sing the song, and of course starts signing “Virtual Insanity”. He bought the album, but really grudgingly, because he though the name was so stupid and couldn’t understand why this boy wasn’t just called Jim McKaye, like he should be.

I think Jamiroquai is a native American word. And that guy used to skate, he had a photo acid dropping off a bus shelter in RaD. Crispin from Galliano too.

1 Like

Scan and post.

It’s 99% shit I’ll give you that. I quite like some of the early stuff when it was a band of session musicians basically smoking weed and jamming. Jazz funk/fusion, so yeah, deeply uncool. Obviously all the campy disco pop is awful.

I only know of it because my dad plays bass, and the bass player is a bit of a legend, so we often had this on in the car (also Level 42 :face_vomiting:)

No way, fuck that guy.

1 Like

For sure, it’s definitely a band adored by musicians. Possibly one of the things that puts me off…

I’ve never really been a fan of Stevie Wonder either, so don’t need this. But I can see the appeal.

Way back before Jamiroquai was a thing, and dude skated, I have a feeling he was known as ‘Jason knee pads’ by (maybe) Southbank locs…could be a false memory though…

Have you seen how fat he is these days? He’s turned into a right state.

Good on him. Hope he’s living the dream.