Penny

Couple of nice ones on the Flip F**ebook page

It’s on their Insta too…

Is that new footage? Because that’s the most comfortable and loose he’s looked in years if so

I don’t think it’s that new? Looks like they’ve reposted it from cultoftom?

All the stuff in Accel’s must be pretty new.

2 Likes

2001 :joy:

3 Likes

Haha. Now I look closer at the footage, that’s pretty obvious.

I was fixated on the backtail

Boooo don’t ruin it man
He did it yesterday

iirc that footage was in the “tour section” extras to Really Sorry. Some other top notch Penny clips in that edit, and all set to “What Goes On” by VU. Very nice!

1 Like

8 Likes

He hasn’t looked this good on a board for a long time

1 Like

it’s the shoes.
the surgeon’s boots that he was contractually obliged to wear previously made everything look grim

9 Likes

Do you actually think it’s the shoes? I didn’t even mind him in Supras.

He just looks a bit more loose and fluid these days

Because he can move from the knee down now.

4 Likes

I’m sure some skilled video editor can re-edit the last 15 years of footage of his and insert some accels or his pro és shoes in replacement. I’d chip in for that crowdfund if anyone out there with the skills reads this.

4 Likes

In that Manzoori interview on no-comply network, he said he’s in the process of trying to get a Tom documentary off the ground.

8 Likes

I wonder what the narrative would be? Ali Boulala’s documentary that is coming out will be easy, a cautionary tale of fame and excess leading to tragedy and how he’s living with the consequences (beginning/middle/end).
Tom’s though is a little harder - A kid from Oxford that blew up in America, shocked the skating world, disappears but then reappears a few years later and just wants to enjoy his skating now? I can’t imagine him wanting to much of his personal life out there, he seems very private.

3 Likes

There already was a boulala documentary, was it an epicly later’d? Can’t remember but it was dark as you’d expect. Why fucking rehash it

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen the Vice one. It was a hard watch for sure… I guess they thought it wasn’t told right though?

I still want to see that Ali movie (if anyone has a link… Ta).

I could totally watch a 10 hour documentary about Penny, no matter what it’d be about. #cultoftom
@voodoo I don’t even know if he doesn’t want too much of his personal life out there, he really seems like that guy who just skates every day and eats good food and smokes loads of weed and doesn’t really do anything else these days, but then again what do I know? Fuck it, just gimme that 10 hour documentary, no matter what it is.

2 Likes