Penny

It’s in Swedish and is made at the behest of the Swedish govt as part of Boulala’s new role.
The Vice one was to make money for bellends.

For sure, I’ll be the first in line for tickets, hopefully some old unseen footage will be unearthed too.

Footage of him speaking French like Gandalf please. :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

He’s got a kid though right? Appealing as the thought may be there’s no way to live a carefree life as a parent without compromising someone else’s life.

I think it could be really interesting but assuming he has (past) addiction and mental health issues it would have to be very sensitively handled.

5 Likes

I can’t see a documentary happening as much as I’d be interested to know more about him.

Also, I wouldn’t want this current level of skating disrupted in any way. A two to three minute part filled with this sort of stuff from all over the globe would be a dream come true.

1 Like

I thought the Scars Of Boulala doco was pretty good and still worth watching even if you’ve seen the Epicly Later’d episode. I put it on assuming I wouldn’t get through it but the whole thing flew by really quickly.

2 Likes

How did you watch it? I haven’t heard about any way to see it.

It’s out, and it’s a really tough watch. You don’t just sit down and stick that on. I think the sense of how alone he is, in his life and in his mind, comes through so heavily. This crushing loneliness, and it’s really beautifully scored by Warren Ellis. There’s so much… Emptiness.

2 Likes

A Vimeo link was posted on Slap the week it was shown at Tribeca festival. Someone uploaded it aswell but the link would be dead now.

If you have an account it might be worth asking someone to upload it again

I vaguely remember him passing through Liverpool and Cactus going on about skating with ‘Ali Boulaly’.

If you ever skated Liverpool in the early ‘90’s you’ll likely have met Cactus…

I remember him from radlands comps. He was a nightmare on wheels!

1 Like

I skated with him quite a bit back then. Quite the character… :laughing:

He came to Rehab once. He stood at the top of a flat bank shouting abuse at everyone doing tricks on it. Like the opposite of a skate coach.

1 Like

“Like the opposite of a skate coach” :laughing:

I’m sure he was at one of the all nighters skating around in his underpants in the middle of the night making random noises.

There is some Cactus gold on the Joy Bus (Cleveland Bod) video - ‘Odeon’.

2 Likes

what the fuck

Not bad flow :joy: Sounds a bit like Jazzie B!

1 Like

He did some rapping a few years back and it was better than I had hoped for to be honest. Not sure a new career is beckoning for him exactly but it was ok.

He has the deepest voice I’ve ever heard.

Like they’ve autotuned Eminem about 4 octaves lower.