Penny

Barry White wants a word.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t mind a Penny acapella to play with tbh

5 Likes

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

8 Likes

One day, when my kids are older and ask me about skateboarding, I’ll try to explain Tom Penny to them and it won’t sink in. It’s like when my Dad tries with his icons from 50’s or 60’s music. Impartially I get why they’re worth recognising but I’m not feeling it. Totally a moment in time. When is Build going to interview him anyway!

3 Likes

He’s seeming a lot healthier these days.

1 Like

Old Penny footage I’d never seen.

Guessing that’s outside his mum’s place in France, or a neighbour over there.

10 Likes

I had those Vision trousers!

Stoked on that John Connor haircut.

This is going to sound really weird but even when he pushed mongo back then he already had his style.

Oh and I think it’s time for us skateboarders to find a better appellation for mongo pushing.

1 Like

The picture quality of that footage is actually really impressive, the camera must’ve been good.

The mongo push explains his flawless switch push

Oh and I think it’s time for us skateboarders to find a better appellation for mongo pushing.

Backstroke.

2 Likes

Other than mongo we used to call it chicken shunt. I can’t see that being widely adopted in place of mongo but I could see Shane Heyl’s new video/ company getting called that.

4 Likes

Shit foot

7 Likes

It definitely needs some negative connotations associated with it. To stop people doing it.

Wanky leg?

1 Like

It’s interesting that some Burberry Eric type hasn’t adopted it ironically. Yet.

1 Like

I’ve heard it referred to as back-pedalling, or being a back-pedaller.

Plot twist…French Fred filmed it.

1 Like

Boulala had a really good switch push too, but he started skating regular, skated like that for a year, quit then started again skating goofy, which explains it too.