Penny

Penny better back in the day. Sarimento better present day.

You can’t be better than Tom Penny because he only does what he wants with his skateboard and not what anyone tells him to do. If your skateboarding is completely for yourself then nobody can ever be better than you.

Yeah I think he does. Nobody is better than him either :smiley:

Everyone’s better than Jagger Eaton.

1 Like

Yeah Dollin is amazing.

I don’t care about Dollin much but have to say he was pretty rad at the Vans demo at South Bank 5 or 6 summers ago. Tried blunt kickflip to fakie on a Jersey barrier that was on top of one of the banks for a while, got really close but couldn’t do it. Going for it do or die style, pretty gnarly. At some point he heard me crack a beer open then asked for a sip before every attempt, haha. Aaaaah, life before Covid…

2 Likes

Penny vs Javi? Peak Penny is pretty much the bestest ever but Javi is definitely part of some kind of superhuman elite. That clip he just posted (frontside flip then that pivot) made my day.
You have to see Javi in the flesh to get how amazing he is. His footage is dope for sure but doesn’t do his talent justice at all. Dude is a 1st try machine. It’s unreal.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d peg him as a kind of proto-Gustav. Deffo God tier.

1 Like

Gustav is more creative than Javi but yeah, they both have extremely rare board control.
What makes Gustav so special is that board and his approach, skating small, weird, fantastic spots that usually aren’t even spots.
Gustav hasn’t been around for that long but he’s definitely up there with Penny and Javi.

Ewwwww

2 Likes

Isn’t Javi from money too?
I think he’s amazing at golf too.

Comparing Penny and Javier competitively is like having a fight about whether Matisse is better than Cezanne.

EDIT - Miro v’s Tapies is probably more appropriate than French Impressionists but you know what I mean

6 Likes

Obviously.
He might be old now but his back catalogue is 100% unfuckable with.
Crazy Michael Fabricant was flip front blunting rails time ago

11 Likes

This part is epic.

4 Likes

“On several occasions, I nearly sparked him.”

4 Likes

These two parts…insane, still.

7 Likes

Sight Unseen, what an incredible video that was.

5 Likes

Even the Sanchez comeback part and Tosh part looked good, sat in with 3 of the heaviest parts of all time.

4 Likes

How did Dollin become the next logical comparison point against Penny?

Comparing people to Penny is weird in the terms of “who’s better?”, it might be interesting in the terms of a skate genealogy and who inspired who etc.

Anyone know what the Vans with the really thick stripe were called that he skates in the Rookies section?

Vans Knu Schools.

I can barely even type that name without fetching up my lunch.

Weren’t they just called New School?

He had a few colourways in that shoe, I believe. And then I think he got his own pro shoe which was kinda similar.