Personal photos and feedback

Here’s one of (I think) of the first few shots taken with the fisheye (Raj - tail on the box). Still a lens I need to use and learn more with. Really is one of those how close can I get without a)putting off the skater b) giving myself enough reaction time to feck off out the way

Tripod, remote shutter.
That will stop you putting the skater off so much but care should be taken where you put your camera with flying limbs and boards.

I trust a tripod less than my own reaction times to be fair, do know that’s the way mind and maybe one day will go down that route.

Can’t beat being up close yourself though

Every few months, I’ll take a few skate photos. I’ve been doing it for years - it’s always been something I wish I would do more but never invested in flashes or committing time to it.

I’ll put a few more up as I find them. My cataloguing/archiving of photos I’ve shot is terrible…

Tristan Rudman - Backside Nosebluntslide.

11 Likes

That is a brilliant shot @Londonskater, love the angle you got this from, yes please do share some more that’s a great one.

Personally I only got flashes as it was a great local deal and I thought why not. Not used them once (no that’s a lie used one for a mates daughter’s birthday cake smash). I do honestly prefer natural light shooting.

As for file archiving, mine is abysmal, especially as I do all editing from my phone

Great shot, reminded me of this oldie - Pete H at Broadmarsh, (89/90)

5 Likes

I love background gawpers

6 Likes

Gawpers add so much

Imagine what’s going through their minds? Appreciation, anger of destruction, mind bogglement.

Guy in the background of the Hellicar pic is playing pocket billiards by the looks of it.

I did fine art and photography at college, took loads of photos at skate comps . Got this one of paul shire and thought I could send it to RAD, but when I called them 2 weeks after the comp they’d already finished the mag for print .
I had no idea of time scales at the age of 17

13 Likes

Amazing!

Unfortunately lots of the photos were backs of skaters because I didn’t and couldn’t get in the way of Wig and other legit mag photographers . I think I lucked out with that one.

Lucky timing there then @nut.

Doing a photography course would be fun, but not the price the local college wants to charge me, I’ll stick to learnin as I go, that is a great shot though @Chopper, I’m 30 and still have no sense of time scales

1 Like

This is the best thread. Y’all take some sick photos. Love that shier back nose grind, semi related - I miss Paul shier, someone make a thread

1 Like

Glad you’re liking it man.

I don’t just use digital, 35mm black n white here, need to get back out with the f5

1 Like

Think this one of Cates just about makes it.

4 Likes

“…and the crowd went mild!”

8 Likes

Not captured here but at the top there is a smooth carpark and a small bushy garden to hop over then this drop.
I forgot to press record filming a guy ollieing it after he’d gone through hell trying to land it.
He wasn’t too pleased.

This guy though, his name is Dogge Boucherie.
Always amused me that he almost had the same name as Diego.

2 Likes

You put yourself where you can catch what’s going on only for them to hide their own fucking face.

5 Likes