Podcasts worth listening to

Surely that’s part of his act.
If ever you get a chance read his book.
It’s a bit of life story mixed with heavily footnoted text of a routine.
The detail that goes into his work blew my mind

3 Likes

It always throws me when he’s not in the ‘Stewart Lee’ character in an interview etc where he comes across as really nice and interested in what people have to say rather than being scary and a right grump, albeit a very clever one.

5 Likes

Finally caught up with this and agree… it’s worth a listen.

Lee Mack comes across really well - nice little ramble chat.

1 Like

Not sure where to stick this? It just came up on feed (not sure why? I don’t even follow the berrics, let alone SLS).

Is SLS the equivalent of that football league everyone hated?
(aint watching the vid btw)

1 Like

Nah, I think you can be relegated out of and promoted into the SLS? Haha (I think?). I’m with you on not watching it… until I’ve run out of things to watch.

Hmm cool.

Stoked on Wade Des Ormeaux being a total skate rat and a nerd in the best way possible in that recent Nine Club thing. He seems really sound.

Some good Penny stories in Josh Stewart’s Stop And Chat too.

6 Likes

Slam staff shout outs were rad.

For sure! I’m only halfway through it but it’s pretty good so far.
That nollie backside flip story is literally fantastic.

Little history of curb cuts (non skate) on 99PI just went up today:

And funnily enough my mam sent me this, good listen, Paul Rocker Robson talking about his triathlons with a brief chat about his skating:

4 Likes

Yeah that Josh Stewart ep was really good!

Magee needs to do a “People I’ve Known” asap

waves at Companion

2 Likes

I’m definitely more into the Bunt and so much of what you’ve put up there reminds me why! I suppose Roberts is just trying to carve out a whole post pro skateboarding career with the 9 Club and good luck to him, I just won’t be listening to much of it.

2 Likes

There’s no competition really. The Bunt is far superior just for the simple fact that both the hosts actually care about their guests and are interested in what they have to say.

3 Likes

Haven’t listened to the nine club in months (the last one might have been the dill one) and was genuinely shocked at all the different iterations they currently have of it. Green room? Ffs.

The bunt I had a personal cancel of after they had Nora on there. Not good.

1 Like

Whats this about?

Is that subjective or was it obvious?

Got a link to the Jeron/Yonnie Cruz one?

Cephas was definitely acting like he was into her during that episode but I didn’t particularly find it creepy