Podcasts worth listening to

this lady’s trial has started so they’ve restarted this series:

nuts.

1 Like

Agree with everyone’s comments on the Anon podcast. Seriously, listen if you haven’t already. Very much looking forward to the book project that was mentioned!

3 Likes

I’m halfway through and loving it so far.
so please, no spoilers on how it ends.

1 Like

In 1975, no one died. In 1976, no one died. In 1977, no one died. In 1978, no one died. In 1979, no one died. In 1980, someone died. In 1981, no one died. In 1982, there was the incident with a pigeon. In 1983, no one died. In 1984, no one died. In 1985, no one died. In 1986… I mean, I could go on.

8 Likes

Yeah that Looking Sideways was a great listen, been after an in depth anon podcast for a long time.

Almost passed me by as the soundcloud embed here was all cropped and squashed so couldn’t see what it was

2 Likes

The black ones at the Civic Centre - maybe a ten stair - dunno if they’re still there.
@buildafire may well have the Skateboard! with it in

And, cheers

1 Like

6 Likes

Wasn’t actually that photo I meant.
And it was at the theatre, not the Civic (which is the above one I think).
IIRC it’s the Theatre Royal - it had stairs/rails leading down into a quad area where the entrance was
It ran over a dps @buildafire

That photo is the old drake circus rail, now long gone for a shopping centre.

The black one would have been Theatre Royal (so close to Civic you could do a line to it) which has also sadly gone now.
A lazy youtube has someone flipping the stairs next to the rail

2 Likes

That’s the one - I did remember it correctly after all.
Jimmy ollie boardslid that in maybe 1991 which is absolutely fucking mental.

Wow. That rail is so high, I don’t think many people ever stepped up to it

1 Like

Isn’t it - I remember being shocked by how big it was when I went there, (maybe 97?).
Jimmy was smashing rails of that size 30 years ago.
There’s a reason why Rowley cites him as a huge influence and always has him in his sections.
Absolute raw street pioneer

3 Likes

Meh, pulled that out straight away. Oh well. I’ll get the right one tomorrow.

1 Like

Anyone know of any good headfuck space podcasts?

For anyone who wants to hear some spooky stuff:

Later to this one than I should have been but can highly recommend if you’ve not listened already.

Nice one @anonymity - an education (to me) as ever.

1 Like

Mostly Skateboarding mentioned the Skating is Hard podcast last week, this episode (15th) is the most interesting I’ve heard so far.
It’s a crew of younger skaters chewing over skating. Strobeck filming, fanning out on Louie Looez, and getting fired for skateboarding at work get discussed. gently/ chaotically amusing

3 Likes

Thanks pal, gonna give this a crack during my commute soon.

1 Like

I’m halfway through the episode. not easy listening - 9 people chipping in, but it is fun

Been giving this a listen each night before bed, real chilled podcast on the Ireland skate scene.

3 Likes