Podcasts worth listening to

Agree again on that and I feel as though they tried to get some tales out of him but he just didn’t want to spill the beans in any way (I didn’t catch what ‘Terp’ is up to now either) and maybe that was wise of him but it didn’t help the pod.

1 Like

Really hope this is an early April Fools

Please God no.

1 Like

I confess I haven’t listened since Feb 2020…when the pandemic began. I must be about 100 hours behind.

I’m listening to it now and I’m going to live through the pandemic all over again. It’s going to be weird.

I don’t listen every week, it’s probably around once a month but I always enjoy it. I especially enjoy any debates they have.

Kind of agree. But he did mention his and his dad’s substance abuse problems and how he slept on two chairs in a skate shop whilst a kid. Sounded like there was a really interesting story there, the Bunt is probably not the best podcast to explore sensitive issues on.

I disagree with that as I’m sure they’ve covered a number of sensitive issues before fairly well such as Dom Henry coming out when they had him on it.

4 Likes

True. I meant that a podcast that was sponsored by a beer company at one point is probably not going to get too into a discussion about alcoholism or heavy drug abuse. Steamwhistle, the only buzz etc.

only ‘industry’ podcast that’s gone anywhere the nigel allegations though

3 Likes

Hmm, not quite sure that’s really going to hold them back that much but maybe you’re right.

Latest Bunt ft Tony Ferguson, just starting this myself now.

Hoping this one is gonna be good, the Donovon episode was basically 2 hours of small talk and I can’t say I found the Jake Anderson episode very interesting either.
Call me old and jaded but older guests usually deliver better stories, and have more interesting views about the industry and having a career and all that.
I wish they’d interview Shier. And Kalis. And Drehobl. Brad Johnson probably has ill stories. Wade Speyer. Oh and Mackenzie Eisenhour obviously.

2 Likes

This one was good I’d say, some Sheffey stories in there and some stuff about his early career I wasn’t aware of.

I know what you mean about those other episodes though, I suppose the guests need to deliver as well and that’s not always guaranteed.

Did you listen to the Post Office special (or whatever it was called, came out right before the new season)? Some good stuff in there. They mentioned interviewing Jake Donnelly but not releasing the interview as the guy was a dick.

1 Like

Yeah that was pretty funny, which is odd because I usually switch off when they do the post office on regular episodes.

Enjoyed her experience of the olympics. For french speakers, @franc

1 Like

Have so much Bunt to catch up on.

1 Like

got to meet and hang out with her a bit last august when i was chatting shit for a Red Bull thing. She’s dead nice, sarcastic and a total skate rat.
Rowley flows her Freedome boards

2 Likes

I’m surprised Shier hasn’t been on the Nine club yet. He must be a requested guest

Yep. She rules. Always lurk with her a bit when I go to Paris…total skate rat as you say.

My French still sucks.