Podcasts worth listening to

Can’t see how this will be any good but let’s see!

Anyone else hear the rumours that Axl Rose is being lined up?

The title of this clip tells you so much… nothing to do with Tony Hawk (the title of the clip).

So I watched it and Joe really wants Tony to train and workout to improve something or other.
Really worth watching if you ever wondered what your nan talking to tony hawk would be like.

1 Like

DMT count?

Ha, zero I think.
Naked chimpanzee count even less.

I just can’t imagine any interview with Tony being any good unless you drag him to deep waters, So Tony, Tas Pappas?

Hopefully Joe recommended Stem Cell treatment, hot yoga and a bison hunt as a method to keep doing 900’s untill hes 90

Love Reply All.
The 2 part episode about Indian tech support scams in my favourite.

Just getting into the Hawk episode. I’m liking it so far, both doing a great job

1 Like

The rogan/Hawk podcast was better than I expected. And reading the comments section there’s nothing but praise from the public. Tony came across very well and they got on well too.

For someone incapable of listening/watching something thatakes me cringe, Is Joe Rogan worth watching?

I never have, but he always comes up on Reddit and from comments I gather he’s a bit of a bell. And some of his guests sound horrendous but I guess it’s always good to hear the other side.

If you see him as an inquisitive but intelligent stoner, you’ll have no problem watching him really.

2 Likes

I dip in and out of his stuff, and have only recently started doing so, as I always thought it was mainly MMA, but that’s not really the case. His more recent talk with Prof Brian Cox was interesting (if you find Cox interesting that is), as is the few he’s done with Firas Zihabi, a famous MMA coach who’s always got something worthwhile to say. There’s a huge range of guests from all political camps and backgrounds.

Just check over the list of who he has had on and you will realise why he just did 100mill deal with spotify for the podcast.

He was in talks with Kanye but he decided it would be best for Kanye to not be talking on podcasts but still talks to him and may be having Kim on to talk about her thing she has with getting dudes out of jail.
The money alone from the Kanye one would of been insane and possible the biggest podcast to date money wise and he did what he thought was best before the cash so mad respect there.

If I find an episode that sucks, just skip and try another one in a few days. Mel Gibson haD potential but was just a hour of stem cell selling with his dr for example

I just can’t take him seriously at all. Not seen/heard much of it but one episode that popped up in my YouTube feed was all about why he recently changed his mind and now thinks that perhaps people “probably” landed on the moon. Anyone spouting stuff like that or associated conspiracy bollocks are red lines for me that means they’re discarded into the stone cold moron camp and I’ll not bother wasting any time on them.

I do! I’ll start with this one. Cheers

I thought it was a good listen.
Interesting to hear someone discuss skateboarding who has no knowledge of it and doesnt instantly dismiss it as something stupid.
Also Joe coming from a sports/health background was interesting to hear the questions he asked about training/injury recovery. Birdman telling him he did basically no physio after breaking his pelvis and just waited it out (and obviously went back to skating too early) was funny.

Yeah the CTE (brain trauma) was very interesting to hear. Rogan brings this up regularly with other guests involved in sports.
You forget how much ramp skating leads to head injuries and man tony has had loads of those and seems to have been very lucky with them.

I found it interesting that Tony Hawk kind of only stuck to the facts. A lot of those stories are more interesting than he let on to Rogan. Like when he broke his pelvis he was dressed as a panda filming for The Wild Boys on MTV with no helmet on.

Then I thought, well if the general public only ever really get exposed to the Steve-O, Jackass types of the skateboarding world it’s actually great for them to see someone that is a lot more professional and takes it serious, is more hard working and dedicated to their craft.

I thought this was the better one personally -