Pointless Topics

Absolutely. Let it go mate. Can’t handle seeing him crying at the end of any more games

1 Like

Doing a Heath is the way to go out

3 Likes

After all he’s got the all-white outfit already.

3 Likes

Just eaten a Deluxe Spicy Italian Schiacciata Salami and Buffalo Mozzarella Woodfired Sourdough Pizza from Lidl and it tasted like absolute shit. Really artificial tasting, borderline chemical.

Do any of the supermarkets do good pizzas currently? What are your weekly shop recommendations? Looking to change it up.

2 Likes

Clue is in the name length :smile:

No I havent got any, I dont know therefore suggestions appreciated.

Even when I make my own basic dough I can’t get the toppings right. Maybe the perfect pizza is just in my head and a vague memory from our last holiday without children in Sorrento…

Edit 2: This is what I’ll get at the moment

1 Like

Make your own pizza dough and get a pizza stone.
If you’ve got an Ooni or similar, well lucky you, but even DIY dough and a pizza stone in a regular oven is a game changer. You’ll never go back to supermarket shit, ever.

3 Likes

Yeah, far better. As above, I can’t seem to get the toppings right which is on me :slight_smile:

Yep, can relate, I go through phases of awesomeness and turds.

1 Like

Tesco do the Franco Manca pizzas, the sausage fennel and red pepper one is :pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/312997794

2 Likes

I made this pizza a few times and it was lovely: Pepperoni Pizza with Onions, Fennel, Basil and Hot Honey - Tiffani Thiessen

2 Likes

If you’re making your own, switch from the mozzarella balls (which are pretty wet) to the firmer mozzarella which comes in a rectangular block. Less soggy and more stringy like a proper pizza.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Grated mozzarella will do the job there as the so-called “pizza mozzarella” is a cash grab.

If you’re going shop bought I find the M&S ones to be the best, in particular the regular cheese and tomato; good amount of cheese and tomato. Also I tend to undercook all shop pizzas massively. So if it asks for 10 mins I generally do 2-3 mins so it’s nice and soft.
A good frozen pizza range are the Dr Oetker ones which is surprising!

2 Likes

This surprised me too - the Ristorante/ Funghi one is quite good.

2 Likes

Yeah M&S pizzas are decent, pretty much the best of the main supermarkets, plus they’re not that much more expensive really than sainsburys or Tescos premium pizza.

Personally I really like the Crosta & Mollica pizzas, but they’re not cheap so it’s either a treat or I get them on sale

2 Likes

Just witnessed a tasty bit of road rage this morning. Taxi driver being punched in the face for using his horn as someone braked suddenly. We live right by a school and people go crazy for a space 7 seconds closer to the gates.

My ten year old son was rubbernecking when I was on my phone yesterday.

No word of a lie: “Dad, do people ever talk about skateboarding on UK Skate Forum?”

19 Likes

No son, just Air Fryers and Football :joy:

3 Likes

YARN | It isn't about fishing, we ain't been fishing for years now. | The Mighty Boosh (2004) - S02E05 Old Gregg | Video clips by quotes | 6ffb93ef | 紗

10 Likes

…and the minutiae of shop-bought pizza, all whilst taking the piss out of someone else for being Partridge-like. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m here for it tbh.

3 Likes